Jok will receive no game suspension

How do you know Fran was lenient??? For as long as Jok was suspended from All team activities, that was quite the punishment... But beyond the length of the suspension, we have zero idea on what elsed was handed to PJ.

Because he'll miss no playing time - 2 brushes with the law - one being a DUI and no games missed = lenient. What ever elsed was "handed" to PJ pales in comparison of being suspended for regular season games.

I hope that dude wasn't a senior, he was always the go-to guy for the cameras. Dude was always jacked up

Hopefully Jok learned his lesson(s).[/QUOT

Love this guy...was a major force during BB season! Yup. Senior last year.

suspended from what basketball activities during the summer? im sure he must have missed out on tons, what a joke
I know, I mean guys don't deserve extra chances, we should kick them off the team. I mean who would want guys who had minor violations when you can have pot heads and thieves on your team??

I know, I mean guys don't deserve extra chances, we should kick them off the team. I mean who would want guys who had minor violations when you can have pot heads and thieves on your team??

Zero games missed is lenient. I haven't seen anybody saying he should be kicked off. I'm frankly surprised it's even an option, I the Iowa State athlete code of conduct any DUI results on an automatic suspension of 10% of the season.

Zero games missed is lenient. I haven't seen anybody saying he should be kicked off. I'm frankly surprised it's even an option, I the Iowa State athlete code of conduct any DUI results on an automatic suspension of 10% of the season.
Yes it is lenient, but given the amount of guys who have had legal or personal conduct issues Freddy has had on his team over the past few years, I wouldn't be throwing any stones if I were a clone fan.

I think Hoiberg has to be a little tougher because most of his players have already had their 1st or 2nd offense with their previous team.

Amnesia? Judge not that ye be not judged. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Most of the comments were on the upbeat side and that's great but how often are people quick to judge when a young person makes a mistake? Even though I don't drink and have never done drugs or had any leagle issues (other than speeding tickets) I tend to try to be as understanding as possible (comes from having children).

I think he is a great kid and learned from this mistake. I expect him to go on and be a productive player for the team and I wish him nothing but the best. Looking forward to the season to start to see what transpires for this team.

I believe FM said Jok would be punished in accordance with the student code of conduct. So, unless that didn't occur (I have no idea what the SCoC states) Jok received the punishment that was outlined.

b
d

We're finally catching up to the top programs in the country and how they handle their best players. Slap em on the wrist. Honestly, what is suspending him from the northwestern tech state college and directional Alaska non-conf. game going to do? Save him from potential injury while we still win by 30? Fully supportive of Fran on this one.

Because he'll miss no playing time - 2 brushes with the law - one being a DUI and no games missed = lenient. What ever elsed was "handed" to PJ pales in comparison of being suspended for regular season games.

You are right, missing Norwood University would have been a brutal suspension.

I guarantee you Jok would haved taken that over any week of his suspension and what the coaches put him threw this summer. Fran didn't just let the kid slide. There was a lesson to be learned. Hopefully it sinks in.

Last edited:
How do you know Fran was lenient??? For as long as Jok was suspended from All team activities, that was quite the punishment... But beyond the length of the suspension, we have zero idea on what elsed was handed to PJ.

Exactly. Just because he's not suspended doesn't mean Fran puts him into games, or if he does, that it's not mop up minutes here and there. Maybe he's demoted to the scout team in practice and has to work his way back into the rotation. Coaches have a way of getting their point across without formally suspending a guy.

And indeed, this was a minor violation. The realities of college life in Iowa City are twofold: 1. college students drink in Iowa City, and 2. The policing policies in Iowa City target alcohol.

How I got through 4 years at Iowa without an infraction simply blows my mind.

Exactly. Just because he's not suspended doesn't mean Fran puts him into games, or if he does, that it's not mop up minutes here and there. Maybe he's demoted to the scout team in practice and has to work his way back into the rotation. Coaches have a way of getting their point across without formally suspending a guy.

And indeed, this was a minor violation. The realities of college life in Iowa City are twofold: 1. college students drink in Iowa City, and 2. The policing policies in Iowa City target alcohol.

How I got through 4 years at Iowa without an infraction simply blows my mind.

Indeed. While technically it was a "DUI", there's a big diff between being tipsy on a Moped and being drunk behind the wheel of a 1 1/2 ton automobile.

If you are suspended and don't miss any games were you really ever suspended??
Ok I get all the other stuff missing practices weight lifting sessions yadda yadda. But what do kids play for? The games. Period. Here is what I'm worried about as far as setting a precedent goes. Now he has had 2 separate strikes against him in a really short period of time and he's not going to miss a game due to a formal suspension. So what if he gets strike 3 then what? Then does he go all drastic on him and suspend him 1 whole game? Because I don't think that would fly. And going from missing no games to kicking him off the team completely would seem pretty drastic too if the 3rd strike was something minor jay walking... I just don't like the corner Fran has painted himself in. You can't claim to be holding a kid responsible and have this be the result... Maybe I'm in the minority of thinking on this but it's my 2 cents.

Fran is no new kid on the block when it comes to coaching young men so I will trust his judgement on this one.

Latest posts