Jok - he gone

Pardon my french, but why in the heck does this title say "He gone?" He's obviously not going to be gone for this. Why did you say that? You're a poster that I recognize, you couldn't have actually thought that he would be kicked off the team for this? Am I missing some inside joke? Because as a casual poster and occasional lurker titling this "He Gone," sounds like a horribly stupid thing that would be done by a trolling clown.

Again, I know I'm not here a lot and I apologize if this is some inside joke. I'm assuming it is because no Iowa fan would be dumb enough to say that otherwise.

Agreed.

Just a really forced awkward attempt by the OP to use a phrase that he heard on TV and thinks sounds cool.

It's extremely corny and in no way makes sense with the situation.

<<In the world we live in..>>

Speak for yourself, dork. MY world is "real", not some made up, holographic image of what some megalomaniac, retribution-driven freak thinks it should be.

Seriously, you took offense to what he said? Like I said, Moron Patrol on Full Alert and reporting for duty...

I'm sure there aren't too many black people in your "world", hanging out with anything besides old white men probably frightens you.

I would expect a little more sensitivity on this issue from fans of the school that Jack Trice played at.

I'm sure there aren't too many black people in your "world", hanging out with anything besides old white men probably frightens you.

My bad, clicked on the 9th page of this post and thought it was about Jok.

So, is he suspended or not?

People think he's going to dominate next year and take over Marble's place but I see him more of a good complimentary player. Great shooter but slow and doesn't have great ball-handling skills, plays poor defense etc. Discuss...

Let me guess: some of your best friends are black, right?

Tool. You know ZERO about my life, what I think or where I live. How much of an idiot ARE you? And Good Lord, who BUILT that massively tall horse you're saddling up?

People think he's going to dominate next year and take over Marble's place but I see him more of a good complimentary player. Great shooter but slow and doesn't have great ball-handling skills, plays poor defense etc. Discuss...

I don't know about him dominating next season, but I could see it his junior and senior years.

I hope he mans up and gets his life in order and gets his degree here at Iowa. If he stays on the team and contributes that's will be a bonus. He has shows spurts of excellence on the court. He needs to discipline himself and be more consistent on and off the court. I am pulling for him.

He's not going to be Marble next year. He may have that talent by his Sr. year.

But let's not compare him to a past player but ompare him to the current roster and the other options are Josh Ogelsby or slide Mike G to the off ball.

I think Jok is a better option than both of those. Jok may not have been a good defender last year but I think Jok's got the physical ability but just needs to gain more expereience and will become a good defender. On the other hand Josh is a good player but lacks the physical quickness. I would look for a much greater improvement from Peter on the mental side than I would Josh in the physical aspect.

The only other option is to slide Mike G off the ball and at 6'1" he's an undersized SG and much better served at the point. Looking at stats from Mike... his minutes, FGA, FG%, 3PA, 3P%, FT% all droppped from his fresh to his sophomore year. But his assists increased from 89 to 128. He's a distributor who we need to be able to hit the 3 ball but other than that I'm not looking for a lot of scoring from him and I don't like him at the 2.

Those are my thoughts.

Let me guess: some of your best friends are black, right?

Tool. You know ZERO about my life, what I think or where I live. How much of an idiot ARE you? And Good Lord, who BUILT that massively tall horse you're saddling up?
Didn't someone do away with the politics board on HN for this reason?

I hope he mans up and gets his life in order and gets his degree here at Iowa. If he stays on the team and contributes that's will be a bonus. He has shows spurts of excellence on the court. He needs to discipline himself and be more consistent on and off the court. I am pulling for him.

You're talking about a teenager riding a moped with no license needing to "get his life in order"?

Let's hope he doesn't commit any seriouse offenses with bb guns and fire crackers.

He's not going to be Marble next year. He may have that talent by his Sr. year.

But let's not compare him to a past player but ompare him to the current roster and the other options are Josh Ogelsby or slide Mike G to the off ball.

I think Jok is a better option than both of those. Jok may not have been a good defender last year but I think Jok's got the physical ability but just needs to gain more expereience and will become a good defender. On the other hand Josh is a good player but lacks the physical quickness. I would look for a much greater improvement from Peter on the mental side than I would Josh in the physical aspect.

The only other option is to slide Mike G off the ball and at 6'1" he's an undersized SG and much better served at the point. Looking at stats from Mike... his minutes, FGA, FG%, 3PA, 3P%, FT% all droppped from his fresh to his sophomore year. But his assists increased from 89 to 128. He's a distributor who we need to be able to hit the 3 ball but other than that I'm not looking for a lot of scoring from him and I don't like him at the 2.

Those are my thoughts.

Well he played the 2 half his freshman year, considering all his stats but assists dropped maybe he's not a pg.

Latest posts