Jok enters NBA Draft, does not hire agent

Everyone has tough nights. I think we saw Jok finally gets his legs under him, after a long recovery from a bad injury. I expect him to gain more confidence and play better over the next couple of years. As long as he doesn't re-injure the knee. Even knowing what has been discussed, he had an impressive JR campaign. 27 mins per gm. 16 PPG. 40% from 3 pt range. 85% from the FT line.
I'm not saying that he'll get drafted if he comes out this year. He might, he might not. But I think he could be very effective off of an NBA bench with his range and his mid-range game. He will start for some team if he gets stronger and more confident with that leg.

Jok has no chance of getting drafted. I'd put his odds of even getting invited to the NBA combine at under 10%

It's maybe a different scenario but I coached a kid who went this route. He played college ball in the U.S., was drafted 2nd round, signed with a team in Spain, and now he plays in the League. I would bet that Jok returns. Everything will run through him next year. He will be grabbed, pushed, chased, bumped, etc... but it will make him much better in the long run. Go Hawks!

I think you go to Europe from a US college, you end up in Europe for a career. I don't follow the NBA that closely any longer, but offhand, I'm not aware of many, if any, players who are from the US, went to college here, started in Europe and then came back to the NBA. Going to Europe this year instead of coming back to Iowa would seem like an odd career move for him. That's assuming he's not wanted by the NBA this year. If the NBA says we're not interested this year, isn't he better off developing his skills at Iowa for another year, and putting himself in the draft mix next year? If that doesn't pan out, he can still go to Europe and play there, and make some decent money.

Unless he's miserable at Iowa. Then, all bets are off.

He will be back people. If getting evaluated for the NBA Draft means you are for sure gone then the ENTIRE KENTUCKY TEAM INCLUDING WALKONS will not be returning to Kentucky. Kal said his entire team will get evaluated.

Does anyone know if he has been going to class this semester? and doing it successfully? That will give a clue to what he may have in mind.
This is probably the biggest indicator of his intentions of coming back... Like everyone else I don't think he'd get drafted so to me it's a matter of does he want to come back to Iowa? He may have felt like a part of this years senior class and him trying to lead next years group may feel like starting over for him in a way. I dunno but I could see him deciding to travel and play ball over seas for a year pretty easily if my guess is right. I hope it's not for the sake of next years team will be in big time rebuild mode if he don't come back. But that's what happens when you have a top heavy class of upper classman graduate and play the biggest chunk of mins. Of the rest of the group Uhl and Baer were the only ones that played significantly and I sure can't say either way if they'll be ready to be big time players or not. This season really seemed to be an end to an era of Iowa hoops. And Jok may feel that to an extent and not want to straddle being apart of a rebuild next yr... So I'm curious if he's been going to class and all that too the last couple months. If he's on track to graduate etc.

Does anyone know how the process works for a guy like Pete? He won't get invited to the combine so does he just do individual workouts with teams and then go from there?

Jok has no chance of getting drafted. I'd put his odds of even getting invited to the NBA combine at under 10%
Maybe. I don't think he would get drafted, this year. I think if he comes back, he'll get drafted after next year. There are a few things he can work on that would improve his chances. Perimeter defense is his biggest liability. I don't think he's ever put much work into that end of the game but maybe his knee wouldn't allow it. It takes a lot more leg strength and stamina to play on the defensive end.

I'll be a little surprised if he actually hires an agent and declares for the draft. I'm not at all surprised he's testing the waters. Given how much tougher it will be to get good looks next year without Uthoff on the floor, one way to look at this is that Jok's stock may be as high as it will get (not saying I agree with that, but it's one way of looking at the situation).

Honestly, almost any player would be a fool not to take advantage of this. At the very least, you can find out what NBA teams think you still need to work on without having to give up the rest of your college career.
True.

Maybe. I don't think he would get drafted, this year. I think if he comes back, he'll get drafted after next year. There are a few things he can work on that would improve his chances. Perimeter defense is his biggest liability. I don't think he's ever put much work into that end of the game but maybe his knee wouldn't allow it. It takes a lot more leg strength and stamina to play on the defensive end.

Kyle Korver has made a living by shooting the 3 in the NBA. Jok is not on his level yet as a shooter nor even as quick as Korver is, though Korver isn't all that quick. If he could improve in those areas it's not out of the realm he could be rostered in the NBA at some point. Probably not but not entirely out of the question.

Until he hires an agent it doesn't matter. Saying this idea is related to playing for Fran is completely idiotic. Jok should come back from this seeing what he needs to improve to get to the next level. He isn't anywhere ready. Same as many others that will be testing the waters.

Why wouldn't you test the waters? Maybe he has a great camp and impresses some teams. It can't hurt Jok in anyway. Free evaluations. Not much different than going to an elite Nike camp for college players.

I understand that Fran is in agreement with Peter's decision to go through the evaluation process, mainly as a way to solicit some outside input on which aspects of his game to concentrate on....

I would bet money that Pete will be drafted higher than Jarrod, if he returns. I also believe Pete will return. Take a look at the list of players declared from Reddit/CollegeBasketball: https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/4bhn36/updated_nba_draft_early_entry_list/

A player from SE Missouri State declared, and he averaged under 5ppg.

You'd be stupid not to declare. Of course, if you don't get invited to the NBA combine, it is irrelevant. You're going back to school or dropping out.. For all we know Jok may not be invited to the combine.

You'd be stupid not to declare. Of course, if you don't get invited to the NBA combine, it is irrelevant. You're going back to school or dropping out.. For all we know Jok may not be invited to the combine.

I think he can still work out with teams and get feedback. I'd be shocked if he got invited to the combine since he's not on anyone's radar

My bet is knowing this family's history and the sacrifices that were made to get him to this point if he doesn't attend classes and get his degree his Mother will kick his narrow little ***...

I'm certain he'll be back and I think we'll have another good team that ends the season in the NCAA tourney.

We'll some very good three point shooters, Uhl and Wagner will be tough inside, Christian Williams seems to be progressing nicely and we have a couple very good players coming off the red shirt.

I'm optimistic!

My bet is knowing this family's history and the sacrifices that were made to get him to this point if he doesn't attend classes and get his degree his Mother will kick his narrow little ***...

I'm certain he'll be back and I think we'll have another good team that ends the season in the NCAA tourney.

We'll some very good three point shooters, Uhl and Wagner will be tough inside, Christian Williams seems to be progressing nicely and we have a couple very good players coming off the red shirt.

I'm optimistic!

We have unproven 3-point shooters (other than Jok). And Uhl and Wagner are only tough inside if the opposing player is 6-9 or less. They'll get eaten up by the big 6-10+ bruisers, especially when the other team has 2-3 of those guys. Uhl and Wagner can't both play 40 full minutes.