John Waggoner is a Hawkeye

I'm sure we only got him cuz the Cyclones didn't want him /s

For all the Clown talk about how great Matt Campbell is at recruiting, his current class stands at #53 overall according to 247. Iowa is now up to #38 nationally according to 247

For all the Clown talk about how great Matt Campbell is at recruiting, his current class stands at #53 overall according to 247. Iowa is now up to #38 nationally according to 247
And it could improve even more, as Linderbaum and Jenkins are 247 4-stars and could get a bump in their composite rating here soon.

I updated my story with quotes from Wilson and Waggoner on how things shook out. It's an interesting angle on the early signing day and how things have changed.

LINK

Waggoner is a great get. We always have to lock down the state's top kids. Anyone else thinking though no way he is big enough to play D line next year? He is not as big or strong as AJ.

However I'm thinking this kid could add so much diversity to our raider package. Could slid him into the will backer spot (Bower's spot) and send him on the blitz or run him to the flats. He is also about the perfect size right now to take on a TE setting the strong side edge. If Parker would just drop his safety blanket (base D) and use the kid in passing downs at LB he could have an instant impact. No way in hell you are going to stone Eppy and Waggoner coming off the same side with any thing less than 3 blockers. This is the kind of impact that todays elite 3-4 defenses are utilizing to shut down opposing offenses. Think Van Ginkle, who has had a pretty amazing year for Wisconsin in his first season out of JUCO. Waggoner is already Van Ginkles size.

For God's sake Parker if you apparently won't ever leave the 4-3 again...please at least use this kid in the 4-3 odd. That is a money formation in Madden lol.

It took 24 hours but rivals dropped him down to a 3 star
LOL

Just shows how little team recruiting rankings matter. When a school like Notre Dame has 20 guys all move up a little when they commit, it could move their team ranking from 50 to 20. Same way it could move ours from 20 to 50.