John Lickliter's stat line

I agree with the last 2 posts exactly. Tired of hearing about our benchwarmer who will probably soon be starting. Don't bet against it. Who do you suppose picks the starting lineup?

1) He played 20 minutes yesterday, I don't see how anyone could consider that "scrub duty" or minutes.

2) The only people that questioned this walk on were dbags who like to stir the pot or people that fail to understand what walk on's are.

Lil Lick is being used EXACTLY as he ought to be. Not big, fast enough to play starting 40 min PG he'd get eaten alive if he were utilized that way. His Dad knows exactly what his son can do and he is giving us quality minutes which will only help Payne. The issue with teams pressing us is that we absolutely don't or won't attack the rim and make teams pay. We did that in the 2nd half and picked up fouls and lay-ups.

"Don't forget that there are a large number of kids around this state who are quite a bit better than John Lickliter and would be out there playing just as hard if only given the chance to walk-on for the Hawkeyes. "

Name five.

"Don't forget that there are a large number of kids around this state who are quite a bit better than John Lickliter and would be out there playing just as hard if only given the chance to walk-on for the Hawkeyes. "

Name five.

Class of 09
1. Hal Bateman from Davenport Central
2. Cliff from pella christian
3. Bohannon from Linn-Mar
4. David Mataloni from Urbandale
5. Bubu from Ames

Im just sayin...

True.

That's what Tucker's actions forced upon the team.

This is PARTLY on Tucker, you're right. But what about being in a position where you are even an INJURY away from playing the coach's kid?

That's on our coaches. They need to land a solid '11 class and tell someone to leave that's supposed to be back next year to bring in another PG to help Cully out. If the coaches think that Cully and Brust/Marble can be the PG's next year then I don't know what to say.
________
Miss_Ivy

Last edited:
Was Lil Lick even a 1st team all conference selection in high school? The only accolade that I can find for the kid is he was named team captain for his high school team.

Watching the game Iowa had lil' Lick and Payne in at guard and Minnesota had their guards.

AND people wonder why we have NO program? Nothing against Payne and lil' Lick but perhaps they could be playing in the Horizon League (Payne maybe as a back point guard in the Big 10) but neither have the true athleticism to be starting point guards in the Big 10. Dakich said as much as have other announcers. And they try to be nice when they talk about Iowa but in private they must just shake their heads watching Iowa and the empty arena trying to compete in the Big 10.

Yesterday's game was just plain embarassing. There should be a rule that the clock runs continuously when Iowa plays good teams like Minnesota....

Latest posts