John Lickliter (and family) to D3 Marian University

I don't know if lil Lick sacrificed anything? I believe it was his choice to walk on to his father's team was it not? So he and his father set him up for anything that happened.

Lil Lick was NOT a Big 10 player period. His father was not a Big 10 coach. His father lost players and had to play his son or chose to play his son over Neari who did not get 1 minute of playing time. Perhaps Lil Lick is that much better than Neari (I doubt it after watching lil Lick) but his dad gave him lots of playing time and set Lil Lick up for the derision that ensued simply because of how bad the hawks were playing.

It was a case of a very bad player playing for his very bad dad coach on a very poorly coached team. And you wonder WHY he got made fun of? His father set him up for the derision...Did he deserve it? I don't know...he wasn't very good and he really didn't deserve to play on a Big 10 team yet his dad played him because his dad was unable to recruit an additional point guard and his other player drank himself off the team. He might at least have tried Neari over his son once in a game?

All our opponents fans and announcers made fun of Lil Lick...

Jon:

Please kill this thread! It is dividing the fan base and basically is just a place for people to bash a kid who was put in a really bad situation and is transferring to a different school after his dad was fired from his job.

I just can't see any positive reason for this conversation.

Latest posts