Joe Wieskamp

Ickehawk

Talked to Joe last night. He was playing pick up games at Black Hawk College. Finally getting his weight back after a bout with mono. Said he was recently at the doctor and measured a legitimate 6'6! Had a good AAU season and is 'recruiting' a couple of people from the circuit. Wouldn't tell me names though, just that the coaches are after a 'center' from the Northeast. That is all......

He's a pretty skinny kid to begin with isn't he? For him to have lost weight to mono couldn't have been good for him. Glad he's on the recovery side of things. He may still be growing then that's scary he's going to be good

Talked to Joe last night. He was playing pick up games at Black Hawk College. Finally getting his weight back after a bout with mono. Said he was recently at the doctor and measured a legitimate 6'6! Had a good AAU season and is 'recruiting' a couple of people from the circuit. Wouldn't tell me names though, just that the coaches are after a 'center' from the Northeast. That is all......

Has Murphy or Garza committed yet? I believe they are both from that region of the country?

Has Murphy or Garza committed yet? I believe they are both from that region of the country?
I think it was Garza he was talking about, but he 'smugly' said he wasn't going to tell me... It would be a 'huge' get if they could get him!

He's a pretty skinny kid to begin with isn't he? For him to have lost weight to mono couldn't have been good for him. Glad he's on the recovery side of things. He may still be growing then that's scary he's going to be good
His dad is a physical therapist, so he's under excellent care as far as getting bigger stronger. His 'muscles' and weight will catch up with his body in the next year or 2....................He's on a 'program'...........

Wieskamp and Garza were at the NBA Top 100 Camp together this summer along with Connor McCaffery.

Those 3 would make a solid nucleus for any team. Especially a Top Tier B1G team.... Now if Cook is around for their sophomore/freshman years, that'll be a heck of a team!

All well and good but does Wieskamp think Garza could contribute at Iowa with his flat feet?
Here you go, Rob Howe. It's guys like this that send threads spiraling into the abyss and then I get blamed for derailing threads! Do you want to do something about it or should I just proceed to respond and ruin this thread?

MONO? Sher ... nothin to see here; no worries 'bout latent incubation and future contagion; speshilly when yer on the "program" just a few weeks removed.:confused:

Feelin' dizzy, Nicke?

The crystal ball has Luka Garza at eighty percent for Iowa, and Jack Nunge at fifty percent for Iowa. Either one would be great players for the hawkeyes, but Nunge, I think, is a little on the thin side.

Here you go, Rob Howe. It's guys like this that send threads spiraling into the abyss and then I get blamed for derailing threads! Do you want to do something about it or should I just proceed to respond and ruin this thread?

Sorry for the lame attempt at humor. But of the two of us, I've noticed that you're a lot more likely to be involved with threads spiraling into the abyss than I am. Just sayin'.

Sorry for the lame attempt at humor. But of the two of us, I've noticed that you're a lot more likely to be involved with threads spiraling into the abyss than I am. Just sayin'.
This is the kind of comment that begins that spiral. I happen to think Garza's game is garbage and am on record as saying as much. If you were being funny, I can accept that and I will consider future comments accordingly. Fair enough?

Sounds like the kid understands his weaker areas and is willing to work on them. Could be an interesting recruit, if even to increase depth at the center position.

I've noticed that too. Actually, I'm trying to think of a thread that spiraled downward where he wasn't a major contributor. If he comes to Iowa, I can see him being a starter.

Every thread has spiraled out of control the last few weeks and it wasn't because of lightning. There is a new sheriff in town.

Don't forget the unbrella

lightning_field.jpg

I think it was Garza he was talking about, but he 'smugly' said he wasn't going to tell me... It would be a 'huge' get if they could get him!
Luka Garza and Joey Hauser from Wisconsin were the two he is helping to recruit. Hauser has a brother that plays basketball at Marquette so Iowa isn't very likely.

Latest posts