Joe Wieskamp Comparison?

Id take that all day

EucIfYY.gif

there's a pages of it questioning if he's B1G caliber all over this site... including one from this week.

And also whether he's the kind of player we need, when he's the exact player we need. Athleticism that can get to the rim.

I said in another thread, my three current comparisons are:

Sam Hauser - Marquette
Charles Matthews - Michigan
Kevin Heurter - Maryland

I'm curious to hear from the people who say he's not a great outside shooter and why they think that. Is it just looking at stats? Form? Highlights? Seeing him live? From everything I've heard, he's a great outside shooter. The one game I watched, he went 0fer on jump shots. But the shots he was taking isn't shots he would take with a better team. Judging by the defense that's played on him and the shots he has to take, I think he's gotta be a great shooter to have those shooting percentages.

Hopefully he can be Grayson Allen without the kicking.

Similar style, similar build, similar skin pigment. ;)

I'm curious to hear from the people who say he's not a great outside shooter and why they think that. Is it just looking at stats? Form? Highlights? Seeing him live? From everything I've heard, he's a great outside shooter. The one game I watched, he went 0fer on jump shots. But the shots he was taking isn't shots he would take with a better team. Judging by the defense that's played on him and the shots he has to take, I think he's gotta be a great shooter to have those shooting percentages.
I don't know if he is or will be a great outside shooter. But Aaron White wasn't an outside shooter. If we get an AW level impact as a freshman I will take that in a heartbeat.

Note - I'm not intending to compare their games or suggest JW can't shoot from the perimeter. Rather I'm making the point that it is possible for a player to come in and make an immediate impact without being an elite shooter.

Latest posts