Joe Toussaint

Maybe Frans got himself a stud here... From what little I've ever seen on him he's quick as all get out a good ball handler/passer and a pest on D. He's just not a great outside shooter so much. The fact he's a NYC highly thought of street baller is great. We need a fast quick player that's an athlete

I missed where it said it was a preseason ranking. It is still pretty good.

There has only been a handful of HS games so far so still probably the most current. It's nice to see an Iowa recruit ahead of the likes of recruits for Louisville and Syracuse. Although, the Louisville guy is a 4* and # 50 in the nation per rivals vs Joe's 3 star and unranked.

NICE! Might be THE missing piece!!

Honestly color me skeptical?

What other major power five school was recruiting him? That’s an honest question not a snarky comment.

Fran has a history of not getting this missing piece and already it’s been said his outside shooting skills aren’t the best. We do have plenty of players who can light it up from the outside, so maybe, just maybe, a quick penetrating guard is just what the doctor ordered.

However just like the Apostle Thomas, I will not believe until I see for myself.

I think by watching CMac at the 1, we’ve seen evidence that the pg in Iowa’s O doesn’t need to be an elite outside shooter. CMac CAN shoot the 3 ball but its not really his game. IF you have other elite shooters (JW/CJF/LG/hopefully XF), and you can pass and get to the rack, Iowa’s O is really dangerous.

Honestly color me skeptical?

What other major power five school was recruiting him? That’s an honest question not a snarky comment.

Fran has a history of not getting this missing piece and already it’s been said his outside shooting skills aren’t the best. We do have plenty of players who can light it up from the outside, so maybe, just maybe, a quick penetrating guard is just what the doctor ordered.

However just like the Apostle Thomas, I will not believe until I see for myself.

Wichita State and Dayton aren't bad offers. And his outside shot form doesn't look terrible to me on film.

Wichita State and Dayton aren't bad offers. And his outside shot form doesn't look terrible to me on film.

Thanks for the response. I guess outside of Duke, Kansas, or North Carolina it really wouldn’t matter which school is recruting him. Dolph’s open mike comment was legit. Here was a new coach at a smaller school with as Doph pointed THREE players that would all help us out. I feel his frustrations.

He'll be an interesting one to watch. With CJ Fredrick and Nunge both redshirting Iowa has a lot of interesting pieces for the future.

I'm still not sure what this team looks like without Cook...he has been a monster so far this year...meanwhile Garza has not.

He'll be an interesting one to watch. With CJ Fredrick and Nunge both redshirting Iowa has a lot of interesting pieces for the future.

I'm still not sure what this team looks like without Cook...he has been a monster so far this year...meanwhile Garza has not.

There are going to be a lot of players fighting for minutes. Makes you wonder who might opt to transfer out 5 months from now.

As for Garza, he started out hot the first handful of games including New York but then has struggled a bit since. I'm confident he'll bounce back and be just fine. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him put up 20 on Saturday.

In regards to Joe T. I said before I don’t see where people are thinking his minutes are going to come next year. We return a 4 year starter at PG, Cmac, plus we return Moss, Dailey, Weiskamp, and Frederick comes into the fold. Maybe there will be transfers but minutes are going to be tough to come by.