Joe Philbin fired by Dolphins today

ColoradoHAWKEYE

FWIW...Former Hawk O-line Coach (1998-2002) and Miami Dolphin Head Coach, Joe Philbin, was canned today. They were 24-28 and no playoff appearances under him...also our former offensive coordinator at Iowa, Ken O'Keefe, is the wide receivers coach for Dolphins. (Didn't say the whole staff was out, but always a possibility...interim coach will probably be current TE coach Dan Campbell).

Wow. Some had high expectations for this year for a playoff run. Yeppers, once the team quit, might as well make a change.

I get this feeling that Suh is a detriment to the team. His post game presser was odd and their DL production has been way down in comparison to last year.

I see taking the team to see "Straight out of Compton" helped in relating to players and the whole bonding thing.......In all seriousness, I hope Philbin lands on feet somewhere he has had a rough go of it the last few years.

Its tough to be a good NFL HC when you don't have an NFL QB. When he has OC at Green Bay he didn't call plays but he did put together game plans and he proved that with talent he is a good offensive coach. I hope he can catch on somewhere else.

It's all part of the Good Captain's plan....Davis will retire after our national championship, Brian Ferentz will move to OC...and Joe Philbin goes back to doing what he does best...crafting the greatest olines in Iowa history...AND THEN...The Decade of Iowa will be born....the wrath of the Hukai tribe will be felt all over college football for the next thousand years!!!!!....Or ya know, maybe we can just beat Illinois...

Its tough to be a good NFL HC when you don't have an NFL QB. When he has OC at Green Bay he didn't call plays but he did put together game plans and he proved that with talent he is a good offensive coach. I hope he can catch on somewhere else.

You beat me to it. The NFL is about 2 things... the QB and defense. Good teams have one or the other. The best teams have both. I don't know if Philbin is a good head coach or not. I know he's a hell of a football coach though. It's just hard to accomplish anything in the NFL without a good QB at your disposal. When you don't have a good QB or a good defense it's impossible to accomplish anything.

If I were a finger pointin' kinda guy, I'd point at Suh. His reactions to questions after the Jets game in the press conference? Suh pulling a Miami DLineman over to chat after the DLineman reacted bitterly to a ref's call against the DLineman during the Jets game?

With rumors of locker room dissension in the Dolphin's locker room? Who's the instigator there? Philbin or Suh? I guess the guy who's paid the most and plays isn't.

Suh and his group hasn't recorded any sacks this season. I guess Suh is running a deflection (con) of that fact. Suh's job should be good despite his inadequacy for a few more games..

Last edited:
If I were a finger pointin' kinda guy, I'd point at Suh. His reactions to questions after the Jets game in the press conference? Suh pulling a Miami DLineman over to chat after the DLineman reacted bitterly to a ref's call against the DLineman during the Jets game?

With rumors of locker room dissension in the Dolphin's locker room? Who's the instigator there? Philbin or Suh? I guess the guy who's paid the most and plays isn't.

Suh and his group hasn't recorded any sacks this season. I guess Suh is running a deflection (con) of that fact. Suh's job should be good despite his inadequacy for a few more games..

It is deeper than Suh. They are a dysfunctional mess and it starts with ownership and it trickles on down. Except for a brief period under Parcels they have been a mess since the late 90's.

This can't come as a surprise to anyone. I don't know what is happening in Miami, but the Dolphins are a mess and something has to change. Watching them the other day and it seemed like there was only one guy out on the field that seemed to care that the Jet's were whooping their ***.

I'm sure that Philbin will catch on somewhere pretty quick (if he wants to). Overall, he's a pretty good coach.

Latest posts