Joe Lunardi Bracketology after beating the Illini; 2/25/2015

Joe projects the IOWA HAWKEYES as a #9 seed in the March,
NCAA tournament selection bracket.

And I also noted that the Sagarin Computer model' regression analysis has
ranked IOWA as the #26 best team in America, after ALL games played up to
February 25.

End of transmission.

GO HAWKS

Joe projects the IOWA HAWKEYES as a #9 seed in the March,NCAA tournament selection bracket.And I also noted that the Sagarin Computer model' regression analysis hasranked IOWA as the #26 best team in America, after ALL games played up toFebruary 25.End of transmission.GO HAWKS

Joe's toupee might be squeezing his brain too much. I'd guess the other bracketologies have us a spot or two higher.

Hawks are in tough territory ... 8 / 9 / 10 ... but at least they're in! (Awwww, too bad same cannot be said for Illannoy -- both teams fighting for their dance card and they go from last 4 in to 1st 4 out. Nice work, Hawks!!)

Still hoping to win out (unlikely), get the 4 / 5 against Purdue so can win a couple in BTT, show well (maybe upset??) against Wisky and sneak up to that 6 seed in the dance. Otherwise, 7-10 seed really doesn't matter cuz end up facing a 1 or 2 and all 8 of them (KY, Duke, VA, Zags, Wisky, AZ, Nova, KS) are really, really tough.

If my choice, I'd want them in this order:
VA
Zags
KS
Nova
Wisky
Duke
AZ
KY

Of course, Hawks have a lot of work to do and need to take care of their stuff. Can't crap along the way.

Hawks are in tough territory ... 8 / 9 / 10 ... but at least they're in! (Awwww, too bad same cannot be said for Illannoy -- both teams fighting for their dance card and they go from last 4 in to 1st 4 out. Nice work, Hawks!!)

Still hoping to win out (unlikely), get the 4 / 5 against Purdue so can win a couple in BTT, show well (maybe upset??) against Wisky and sneak up to that 6 seed in the dance. Otherwise, 7-10 seed really doesn't matter cuz end up facing a 1 or 2 and all 8 of them (KY, Duke, VA, Zags, Wisky, AZ, Nova, KS) are really, really tough.

VA
Zags
KS
Nova
Wisky
Duke
AZ
KY

Of course, Hawks have a lot of work to do and need to take care of their stuff. Can't crap along the way.

I would put VA just above KY on this list. And the Zags are by far my 1st choice.

Winning our way up to a 6 seed would be unreal. That is by far the easiest spot to make a run.

I don't want an 8 or a 9 at all but I'm glad the bracketologists have us moving up. We're getting closer to being safe.

Winning our way up to a 6 seed would be unreal. That is by far the easiest spot to make a run.

This is why I don't mind the 4 or 5 seed in the conference tournament. We have to beat Wisconsin to get to a 6 IMO. But if we make it to the championship game and lose we may still get a 6 thanks to the neutral court win over Wisconsin. As many of us have said...There's no downside to playing Wisconsin if our ticket is already punched.

This is why I don't mind the 4 or 5 seed in the conference tournament. We have to beat Wisconsin to get to a 6 IMO. But if we make it to the championship game and lose we may still get a 6 thanks to the neutral court win over Wisconsin. As many of us have said...There's no downside to playing Wisconsin if our ticket is already punched.

The only way to possibly get a 6 seed in the NCAA is to win out the regular season. If we do that, it's all but impossible to avoid being on Wisconsin's side. Since the NCAA tournament is what matters most, i say bring in Wisconsin.

Who plays in a those crappy 1st four games? Isn't it 11's, 16's? Don't remember but I sure don't want that again

Am I the only one that doesn't want us to get the double bye in the B1G tourney? While it would be lovely to essentially not play our first game until the third round, I think an additional win (fingers crossed) in round two would actually do us more good in terms of NCAA seeding. I'm hoping for a rematch against Purdue in the 3rd round. With the way this team is playing, I think we take care of business against them without a doubt.

Am I the only one that doesn't want us to get the double bye in the B1G tourney? While it would be lovely to essentially not play our first game until the third round, I think an additional win (fingers crossed) in round two would actually do us more good in terms of NCAA seeding. I'm hoping for a rematch against Purdue in the 3rd round. With the way this team is playing, I think we take care of business against them without a doubt.

Double bye means we likely won out. I'd take that over an extra win over someone crappy.

VA
Zags
KS
Nova
Wisky
Duke
AZ
KY

I'd take a second round game against Gonzaga in a heartbeat. They are wildly overrated. They have a great record but haven't beaten anyone worth a crap. Just look at their team from a couple seasons ago that was better than this team, and they pooped out in the 2nd round as a 1 seed if my memory serves me correctly.

I think a double bye is huge because while we wouldn't potentially get an extra win, we also wouldn't risk losing to a bad team like last year. Whoever we would play after the double bye would be a legitimate team. I think avoiding the bad loss outweighs beating a mediocre team.

Whu would you prefer Gonzaga?

Really? They play in a weak conference are are not blowing opponents out of the gym. They would be by far the weakest #1 seed, if they are in fact awarded a #1 seed (they haven't earned it, IMHO).

I think a double bye is huge because while we wouldn't potentially get an extra win, we also wouldn't risk losing to a bad team like last year. Whoever we would play after the double bye would be a legitimate team. I think avoiding the bad loss outweighs beating a mediocre team.

And if the end result either way is Wisconsin on Saturday I prefer it not be our 3rd game in 3 days.