Joe is Big Ten Frosh of the Week Again

My sons 6 grade youth basketball team played in Iowa City last Saturday. Muscatine had a team there the same age group and guess who was on the team? A younger brother of Joe Wieskamp. Looks just like him. Maybe we'll have another come thru Iowa city at some point! Oh, his dad was coaching the team. They all look a like.

My sons 6 grade youth basketball team played in Iowa City last Saturday. Muscatine had a team there the same age group and guess who was on the team? A younger brother of Joe Wieskamp. Looks just like him. Maybe we'll have another come thru Iowa city at some point! Oh, his dad was coaching the team. They all look a like.

How old is Fran's youngest son? Maybe they will both be top 30 players.

Joe is just scratching the surface of his ability. Right now he is deferring to upperclassmen who he is better than. I would love the offense to go through Joe. It's criminal he isn't getting off at least 10 three point shots a game. He should be leading the team with shot attempts. Next year if Toussaint is a blow by PG and kicks the ball out to Wisecamp, it will be amazing to watch. I expect Wieskamp to chase the freshman scoring mark in one of these games soon.

How old is Fran's youngest son? Maybe they will both be top 30 players.
Jack is a sixth grader who almost certainly plays up. He looked impressive when I saw him try out for Iowa Barnstormers two years ago.

My son played AAU against Ron Dayne's kid last year. JayAllen, however, is starting to get his dad's stocky build and will not be playing basketball this summer, deciding instead to concentrate on football.

Jack is a sixth grader who almost certainly plays up. He looked impressive when I saw him try out for Iowa Barnstormers two years ago.

My son played AAU against Ron Dayne's kid last year. JayAllen, however, is starting to get his dad's stocky build and will not be playing basketball this summer, deciding instead to concentrate on football.

So is the younger McCaffery and Wiescamp in the same class then? That could be a really good thing.

This will be the last year your son can play in Iowa City unless it's within a recruiting window. Next year he will be considered a recruitable athlete if he plays in Iowa City.

Latest posts