jNW Game predictions

NCHawker

OK Boys, no wet kiss on the line this week against the fighting Fitzgeralds. This is one where we get it wrong every year. Hard to figure these fickle purple cats out.

Last weeks closest results, from these well known members are shown below. We're waiting to hear how the smooch with Beth was.

judzeehawkWell-Known Member 14-10 Iowa

M1911A1HawkeyeWell-Known Member 17-14 Iowa

AnyoneButYouWell-Known Member 10-7 Iowa

OK Name the score.

z0Th8rt.gif

I'll start. Absolutely no clue. Never have I been so unequivocally unsure about how good/not good a team is 4 games into the season.

All I know is this game will tell us a lot about the 2016 Iowa Hawkeyes. NW will be highly motivated, especially after last year.

To have any hope at all to stay in the hunt for the West, an absolute must win game for Iowa.

Limit Jackson and the QB fake-keeper run, we got a shot. We absolutely need to score 21+...I think.

Both lines play better, hawks are ready for short passing game against the stacked box and sting the cats early. this defense gives up a little less yardage and only 13-17 points. Hawks score about 24 and win and notice 24 probably means a FG.

Iowa 23 NW 10

I know it is shocking, but NW may have more issues on offense than Iowa does. I realize 23 is a big number, but I think Iowa can manage a couple of touchdowns and 3 FG(s.).

Iowa 23 NW 10

I know it is shocking, but NW may have more issues on offense than Iowa does. I realize 23 is a big number, but I think Iowa can manage a couple of touchdowns and 3 FG(s.).

And it would triple our fg's on the year. We should have kicked the one last week for no other reason than to give the new kicker a game rep.

And it would triple our fg's on the year. We should have kicked the one last week for no other reason than to give the new kicker a game rep.

Yeah, I thought about that after I hit send. Maybe I need to dial it back a bit........21-10, 14-10 something like that.

Yeah, I thought about that after I hit send. Maybe I need to dial it back a bit........21-10, 14-10 something like that.

As much as I don't want us to rely on our defense having to hold everyone under 20 points to win, the offense needs to prove otherwise against a decent defense.

In the same vein as H-Walker I can see a lot happening based on a lot of variables, most of which are unknown ...

-- I could see this being like those jaw-dropping W's of previous years. Remember the ones against good MSU, Wiscy and even NwU teams - where there's all sorts of uncertainty and angst about the Hawk's early season struggles, only to see them come out and just obliterate them?
Something tells me this could be Iowa's "break-out" game, along the lines of 44-7. Stokes the fire of finally seeing a preseason expectaion worthy performance (only to see them come out and trip all over their dicks against Minny and Purdue, etc)

-- On the other hand, I could just as likely see Thorson finally have his own Heisman game and the Cats continue their growth with a solid win (30 - 24), while Iowa continues to flop on the rocks.

-- I see it depending on whether derKirkFeravis insists on running single back sets into Fitz's 8 man box or if New Kirk finally takes off the shackles on CJ and Davis so they can get creative in adapting the scheme to personnel and strength.
If they're gonna run the ball, it better damn well be out of a fortified backfield of constant I-formations + twin TE's and power I with lots of quick pitches and sweeps behind a wall of big uglies. Anything less and Iowa gets stuffed.

I'm gonna go ahead and try to believe that New Kirk wakes up from his coma, CJ decides it's time to show some swagger and make some plays, the DL and OL settle into some consistent competence and toughness, while dumping the stupid self-destructive crap, Davis works some short-game magic to overcome the loss of Vandeberg, guys like Snyder and Smith and Taylor and Bower get their sh!t together and some of those newbies seize the opportunity ... Hawks 34 - Fightin' Fitzgees 24.

Time for iowa to zig while we zag -- they put it together to give us unrealistic hopes again:

Iowa 38
NW 21

Iowa 27
jNW 10

We sort a few issues out on offense (including a young WR breaking out and then having a mediocre rest of the season), and limit a pretty bad jNW offense.

THAT BEING SAID, I would not be in the least bit surprised if we just blow the doors off of them. jNW has much bigger issues than we do, and the last few games against them, Kirk seems to have figured out Fitzy.

Makes me absolutely want to throw up. But with MVB out, and the way our D-line has been hemorrhaging yards up the middle, I'm gonna go with jNW 20, Iowa 16

Latest posts