Jimmy Harbaugh's sleepover

I have no idea if this is illegal or not, although I do agree that this is on the creep-meter. I wonder if they ordered pizzas, snapchatted their buddies, and watched a couple of movies, too.

This little escapade aside, I get the feeling with Harbaugh, that he treats the NCAA rules more like suggestions. Pete Carroll redux?

Do you really believe this? Do you know how much attention is given to compliance issues these days? All coaches have to log everything they do. And faculty nazi-types patrol the compliance procedures. When there is an NCAA investigation, they look into hundreds of thousands of pieces of evidence.

Yet, it does seem that some are getting away with rather high profile things.

Here's the sign the kid's neighbor put up. Love it!

CYvGzYGUkAEnQvo.jpg

Now that is superb! Extremely well-played.

Do you really believe this? Do you know how much attention is given to compliance issues these days? All coaches have to log everything they do. And faculty nazi-types patrol the compliance procedures. When there is an NCAA investigation, they look into hundreds of thousands of pieces of evidence.

Yet, it does seem that some are getting away with rather high profile things.
Of course, it happens all the time. The next guy who's caught is the most current guy who was sure that he wouldn't be the next guy.

Back to the questions:

1) How is this NOT an NCAA violation?!
2) WTF is up with parents who would allow this?!?!
3) Anything in Har-dusky's past we need to know about?!?!?!

Imagine JH's final pitch to his and all recruits parents:

"So not only will your son get a great education at Michigan, if he decides to commit he'll have an opportunity for sleepovers with the entire coaching staff and all upperclassmen on the team."

Imagine JH's final pitch to his and all recruits parents:

"So not only will your son get a great education at Michigan, if he decides to commit he'll have an opportunity for sleepovers with the entire coaching staff and all upperclassmen on the team."

Phrasing? Are we still doing that? Phrasing?

Latest posts