Jewell Hampton Pleads Guilty

WestCoastHawk

Glad he got that out of the way... $195 ticket.

Bernstine plead not guilty, as he should have from what I've heard.

Let's hope neither gets a suspension.

It was probably some red neck cracker provoking the fight.

If he blew .12, he's going to lose that battle. If you don't do the breath test, public intox is up to the arresting officer - a judgement call.

The only thing that would give me pause is that Jordan was not charged with "interfering with official acts" despite Lt. Campbell saying in the paper that he interfered with the officers who were arresting Hampton.

He also said that Hampton was involved in "several" fights in the bar...yet he was only charged with public intox.

What happened to the team staying out of downtown bars?

Time for the Leadership Council to kick some A@*#*#!

There's a flip side to that "hypothesis" that would be shot down as ugly racism. And it's just as possible. So best not to go down that road in either direction.

Per relatives of Jewel's roommate (Wienke), Jewel rarely if ever goes out and drinks. Didn't deny Jewel was guilty but said this was out of character and sort of fluke circumstances.

Good work, cuz it is always the red neck crackers who are provoking the fights. HA

Because I hate red neck crackers.

A brother doesn't have to put up with that bull, it's 2010.

That's the truth.

Are you insinuating that the fight Jewel was involved in was motivated because someone made racist remarks?

Man, that's a big leap. You'd better have something to back that up with.

For the record, with Clayborn and his "issue", I fully believe that the cabby got what he deserved if he said what was reported he said. As for Jewel...got any proof?

Are you insinuating that the fight Jewel was involved in was motivated because someone made racist remarks?

Man, that's a big leap. You'd better have something to back that up with.

For the record, with Clayborn and his "issue", I fully believe that the cabby got what he deserved if he said what was reported he said. As for Jewel...got any proof?

Don't need any.

I lived in Iowa for 19 years.

It's not as bad as the south, but blacks get funny looks and talked badly about.

I'm 50% norwegian and the rest is Irish/German/English.

It was mind opening moving out of Iowa.

Comments about cops saying to eachother "Let's go see what we can get dreadlocks for" do not surprise me AT ALL.

A brother has a hard time in Iowa, even a liberal city like Iowa City.

My thoughts go out to everyone treated poorly because they are in a part of the country that is a decade behind the major coastal cities.

Jewell and Jordan, I feel for you guys! Hope everything works out.

Don't need any.

It's not as bad as the south, but blacks get funny looks and talked badly about.

Comments about cops saying to eachother "Let's go see what we can get dreadlocks for" do not surprise me AT ALL.

My thoughts go out to everyone treated poorly because they are in a part of the country that is a decade behind the major coastal cities.

you increased the average IQ rate in 2 states when you left Iowa.

Per relatives of Jewel's roommate (Wienke), Jewel rarely if ever goes out and drinks. Didn't deny Jewel was guilty but said this was out of character and sort of fluke circumstances.

Sometimes these are the guys that get into the most trouble once they explore this option. THey have no idea how the alcohol affects them, and they are going out to "release" or due to some unfortunate circumstances (usually involving a girl)...he needed to be watched closely by some guys on the team. Glad to see he took responsibility.

WOW. Where are the moderators? Or is it common practice here to allow racial comments?

WCH, your comment leads me to believe you have no idea what actually happened, yet you spew this garbage. All I can say is....WOW !!!

Last edited:
Don't need any.

Glad you left the state.

Glad you left the state.

This...

Interesting that I have a friend originally from Alabama that says the opposite about Iowa. As a matter of fact, when they finished college they settled in Iowa because the people treated them with more respect then anywhere they'd been. This is a guy who has watched family and friends shot down as he was growing up.

Sounds to me like you should have changed who you were hanging with...

Latest posts