Jewell Hampton and Jordan Bernstien Arrested

The thing that gets me is that neither blew very high BAC, especially Hampton, which I find a bit bothersome. Technically he wouldn't even have been legally drunk a few years ago (didn't the law change from .1 to .08 about 5-10 years ago?). Also, your BAC rises for a couple hours after you stop drinking as your body gets rid of the alcohol, so if they took his reading ~2:45, I'd think that was towards the high end of what he could blow. This causes me to question his attitude, which makes me curious what his side of the story is re the altercation(s) at Vito's. I don't necessarily condone starting altercations, but I'm more curious re what exactly happened.

And, obviously the entire issue is frustrating, but alcohol offenses such as this are at least understandable - not that I'm condoning their actions, but at least understandable. Also, realize this is nothing compared to that crap we had a couple years ago w/ the City Boyz derelicts, which I genuinely feel was the low point of Ferentz' tenure. As I see it now, JH and JB gets 1-2 games, then move on, stay out of trouble the rest of your careers, and call it good.

The thing that gets me is that neither blew very high BAC, especially Hampton, which I find a bit bothersome. Technically he wouldn't even have been legally drunk a few years ago (didn't the law change from .1 to .08 about 5-10 years ago?). Also, your BAC rises for a couple hours after you stop drinking as your body gets rid of the alcohol, so if they took his reading ~2:45, I'd think that was towards the high end of what he could blow. This causes me to question his attitude, which makes me curious what his side of the story is re the altercation(s) at Vito's. I don't necessarily condone starting altercations, but I'm more curious re what exactly happened.

And, obviously the entire issue is frustrating, but alcohol offenses such as this are at least understandable - not that I'm condoning their actions, but at least understandable. Also, realize this is nothing compared to that crap we had a couple years ago w/ the City Boyz derelicts, which I genuinely feel was the low point of Ferentz' tenure. As I see it now, JH and JB gets 1-2 games, then move on, stay out of trouble the rest of your careers, and call it good.

That is an interesting point about Hampton's attitude, one I'd not considered. Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but BAC and drunkeness are just as variable as anything else about the human body. Some people's stable body temp is under 98.6, some people have higher levels of any conceivable nutrient or cell type (such as white blood cells or elevated blood sugar). While .092 may not sound like THAT much, perhaps Hampton is a lightweight, and .092 for him is like a .2 for someone else. I'm not saying that's the case, or that I believe that. I don't know what to believe, as this is all just speculation. But it's a possibility, and a logical argument against the point you were making.

That is an interesting point about Hampton's attitude, one I'd not considered. Again, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but BAC and drunkeness are just as variable as anything else about the human body. Some people's stable body temp is under 98.6, some people have higher levels of any conceivable nutrient or cell type (such as white blood cells or elevated blood sugar). While .092 may not sound like THAT much, perhaps Hampton is a lightweight, and .092 for him is like a .2 for someone else. I'm not saying that's the case, or that I believe that. I don't know what to believe, as this is all just speculation. But it's a possibility, and a logical argument against the point you were making.

You're definitely right - people handle and metabolize alcohol in a very, very relative manner. I guess I made the assumption a 20 y/o, muscle bound college male likely had a decent alcohol tolerance.

I think we can agree that it'd at least be good to hear Hampton and Bernstine's versions of events before we immediately condemn them. At this point it doesn't sound very good, at least for Hampton, but I try to be one of those "let's hear all sides of the story before we make conclusions." From the one eyewitness account we've heard it sounds as if JB is getting a raw deal, but we haven't exactly heard the ICPD's version, either. I'm still most curious in what Hampton has to say.

You're definitely right - people handle and metabolize alcohol in a very, very relative manner. I guess I made the assumption a 20 y/o, muscle bound college male likely had a decent alcohol tolerance.

I think we can agree that it'd at least be good to hear Hampton and Bernstine's versions of events before we immediately condemn them. At this point it doesn't sound very good, at least for Hampton, but I try to be one of those "let's hear all sides of the story before we make conclusions." From the one eyewitness account we've heard it sounds as if JB is getting a raw deal, but we haven't exactly heard the ICPD's version, either. I'm still most curious in what Hampton has to say.

That's a reasonable assumption to make, though I have a friend or two who are similarly built who don't hold alcohol the best. Just depends on a lot of things. I could always go undercover and drink with Hampton sometime, and let you know the final verdict lol. We'll see how everything shakes out sooner or later.

OMG!!! College kid's drinking having a good time, suspend them for half a game to one full game and get over it. Pansy boy's

I've heard from people that lived in the same hall as him that Hampton narrowly escaped HUGE trouble his freshman year. Hint: green, dorm, smell...
As for Bernstine, if you live near or in the south side of DSM, its no secret he's a thug, Hint: Car, Hit, Grandmother, Pay.

but hey, what do i know?

I've heard from people that lived in the same hall as him that Hampton narrowly escaped HUGE trouble his freshman year. Hint: green, dorm, smell...
As for Bernstine, if you live near or in the south side of DSM, its no secret he's a thug, Hint: Car, Hit, Grandmother, Pay.

but hey, what do i know?

I live near the south side of DSM and Ive never heard anything negative about him.

I think if you are going to badmouth someone like that on an anonymous message board you should man up and give your real name.

Hilarious. Look at my post count here, realize that this site started in October, and try to figure out where I've posted more since this site started.

OK, you asked for it.

CF: Join date 10/22/2008, posts 8314... posts/day = 14.04
HN: Join date 10/19/2009, posts 2306... posts/day = 10.03

Just providing the facts... let you decide.

It's funny how clown fans will come over here and make comments like that. If you made 1 post even similar to that on CF the sackless moderators would ban you for life.

Last edited:
It's funny how clown fans will come over here and make comments like that. If you made 1 post even similar to that on CF the ***** moderators would ban you for life.

LOL, so tempting ;)

Nah, that would make things too boring around here!

Relax people. Some people are talking about missing half the season...are you kidding me. It is summer, they are college kids...if this is the worse thing that happens we are doing pretty well. To my knowledge this is also the first time that either has been in trouble. I think both are good guys and liked by teammates...just got to drunk one night. They will probably have to run extra and maybe miss the first half of the first game.

Agreed.

This really could be another tragic event in the unfortunate career of JB. He is set to get a chance to start at corner - Amari comes back, has second shot - gets injured and Prater shines, has third shot - gets suspended and Hyde grabs the position and shines.

Latest posts