Jerry Palm has Iowa on the bubble for the first time

Granted nothing is ever 100% but this would be as close as it gets. We had a chance to start fresh and play for a better seed and a conference tournament championship and we crapped the bed against a team worse than the one we would face in the NIT. If we played that emotionless with that much to play for, how would we do after not getting selected on Sunday? We would be Kentucky from last year.

Kentucky had to go into a small cramped gym to play Robert Morris, a team excited about being there. If the sky was to fall and for some stupid reason Iowa got forced to the NIT they would not have to play on the road as I am sure Carver would be available for at least the first round. A second round game could get iffy since Iowa is hosting a womens regional.

Iowa would not be the first team to ever go into the NIT disappointed, especially the #1 seeds. Yet rarely the #1 seeds lose in the first round. I am not saying it is not impossible for Iowa to lose on its home court to a bad mid major but it certainly is not 100% they would lose.

Missouri losing. Good. I just don't see enough teams passing us this weekend. We don't deserve the dance with the way we have played the last few weeks, but I still want us in. We are building something here, we just hit a weird spot with this group. Maybe they can snap out of it.

Nebraska would jump Iowa in the seeding if they beat Ohio State. So root for.........awwww screw it.

Nebraska would jump Iowa in the seeding if they beat Ohio State. So root for.........awwww screw it.
I'm trying to root for OSU, but it's hard. It's also not working. It seems whoever I am pulling for lately is just terrible. Maybe I am the real problem

I'm trying to root for OSU, but it's hard. It's also not working. It seems whoever I am pulling for lately is just terrible. Maybe I am the real problem

I've never been jealous of Nebraska before, until the last couple weeks. It is painful

I've never been jealous of Nebraska before, until the last couple weeks. It is painful

Nebraska is blowing tOSU off the court. Looks like they could get a #7 seed, much higher if they win tomorrow.

So, we must cheer hard for Wisky, because it's doubtful the Big Ten would have both Minnesota and Iowa going to The Dance, in addition to the Top 5.

There's not enough alcohol in this world......if that were the case

I feel this way all the time but I didn't watch last night and same effect

Perhaps it is both of us, so when the NCAA tournament gets announced let's root for whoever Iowa is playing against.

Perhaps that same football god who hates Iowa's running backs hates basketball as well? We might need to sacrifice some cattle or something.

The world has taken a strange turn if Iowa fans are in envy of Nebraska Basketball. Say that out loud to yourself. See if a little vomit doesn't work its way up your throat.

The world has taken a strange turn if Iowa fans are in envy of Nebraska Basketball. Say that out loud to yourself. See if a little vomit doesn't work its way up your throat.

Ok, so it appears you have a weak stomach. Say this out loud to yourself: "Iowa just lost to Northwestern". If that makes you lose your lunch then you don't even have to worry about being envious of Nebraska basketball. At least Nebraska has been a tournament team before.

Nebraska is blowing tOSU off the court. Looks like they could get a #7 seed, much higher if they win tomorrow.

So, we must cheer hard for Wisky, because it's doubtful the Big Ten would have both Minnesota and Iowa going to The Dance, in addition to the Top 5.

Even if Nebraska and Minnesota get slected by the committe they wouldn't take Iowa's spot. They would knock off other bubble teams like Florida State or Missouri who lost today.

Latest posts