Jerry Palm has Iowa on the bubble for the first time

I think Iowa still gets in, but it seems like a lot of people have started using words like "probably" and "likely".

Not sure it matters with this team playing the way it is, but I'd take a 10 seed at this point. At least Iowa is no longer in the 8/9 situation......

As a 10 seed, that means more than 8 teams would have to steal bids (win conference tournament when they weren't going to make it at large) to bump Iowa out. That's a lot, and very unlikely.

When did a 10 seed become a bubble?

Iowa was a 10 seed in the 2005 tournament. I'd say that team was definitely a bubble team... It took 5 straight wins at the end of the season and in the BTT for that team to finish 7-9 regular season, and get to the BTT semi's.. That team was never a lock.

Isnt Palm the one who a couple weeks ago said the only way Iowa would not go to the NCAA tournament was if they declined the invite?

Its the bubble because if there are upsets in tourney's sitting as a 10 seed makes you very vulnerable.

10-12 is always a bubble seed.

Not sure it matters with this team playing the way it is, but I'd take a 10 seed at this point. At least Iowa is no longer in the 8/9 situation......

So that's why Iowa lost last night. Sandbagging to drop out of the 8/9 situation. Strategy! Fran is the man! /s

I'm getting a little nervous...I know all the experts say they're a lock...but...it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the committee leaves the hawks at home on Sunday.

That was 2005. This team is lock and not bubbling.!! Show me just one prediction bracket or site that doesn't have us in!

You asked, and I told you. There is a previous precedent for bubble teams landing as a 10 seed. It doesn't mean the Hawks aren't still in, but I'm no longer 100% "bet my life on it" positive.

Serious question...how does everyone feel if we end up in Dayton? Honestly at this point...I think the team just wants the season to be over...judging by the way they act.

There were a lot of bubble teams that needed to win yesterday and didn't...Arkansas, BYU, Cal, St Johns, Green Bay...Iowa is fine

As a 10 seed, that means more than 8 teams would have to steal bids (win conference tournament when they weren't going to make it at large) to bump Iowa out. That's a lot, and very unlikely.

Currently looks like 10 teams, or nearly 15% of the field would have to jump Iowa.

As much as it pains me to say this in the past I absolutely hated that they weighted a teams last 10 games when determining who truly desreved to be there. After watching the end of this season pan out, I don't understand why don't. For this team to have lost 6 of 7 and be a shoe in baffles me. I love it because I really want this team to dance, but hate it at the same time.

As much as it pains me to say this in the past I absolutely hated that they weighted a teams last 10 games when determining who truly desreved to be there. After watching the end of this season pan out, I don't understand why don't. For this team to have lost 6 of 7 and be a shoe in baffles me. I love it because I really want this team to dance, but hate it at the same time.

Just because it's not used as an official criteria any longer doesn't mean the commitee can't take it in to account when making decisions.

Latest posts