Jermelle Lewis

This. That team was tremendous, and Palmer was one of the best QB's of the last 15 years.

Though I will say that MAYBE it would have been more competitive if C.J. had not taken the opening kick back for a score. That just seems like a bad omen. The Bears lost when Hester did it, OSU when Ginn did it. And it wasn't the opening kick, but PSU's first play from scrimmage this year against us was a 79-yard TD pass. Now, rather than voodoo, I have a more rational reason for such plays possibly having a correllation with losing: it's too big of an emotional explosion, too early. Rather than letting emotion out over the course of the game, a play as big as the previously mentioned on the opening kickoff (or first play from scrimmage) releases it all at once, leaving the team emotionally spent before the game is even 30 seconds old.
I agree, easily the best team of that year. They should have been playing OSU or Miami for the championship. Also layed the foundation for the USC mini dynasty.

I moved to ottumwa when i gradumated 2.5 years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing a couple games. I too always liked him. I know he was working at hy-vee in CR for a while after his injuries.

One of my favorite Jermelle Lewis memories that was not at the Big House was his KO return for a TD (94 yards if I remember correctly?) vs Michigan State at Kinnick that same year. I was sitting in the north endzone, and you could see that hole open up. He hit it hard. I still think you could have drove a semi through that hole though. Good times!

One of my favorite Jermelle Lewis memories that was not at the Big House was his KO return for a TD (94 yards if I remember correctly?) vs Michigan State at Kinnick that same year. I was sitting in the north endzone, and you could see that hole open up. He hit it hard. I still think you could have drove a semi through that hole though. Good times!

Wasn't that the game he tore his ACL? He took the kick back early in the game and then on a later kick return he tore his ACL. And if I recall I think this was the double OT game that the Hawks won. I could have my years mixed up on the OT game, but I know Jermelle tore his knee out once against MSU.

Can we just get over it and admit USC was just the better team?

Never.

10-10 at the half with Iowa having scored 3 points total on 2 seperate 1st and goal from the 1 yard line situations. Easily should have been 21-10 Hawks at the half. Iowa was as good as anyone in 2002...and USC was not in this league of their own that everyone seems to remember them as.

Latest posts