Jeff Horner Joining Staff...

You beat me too it AND included a link. Epic fail on my part. However, very excited to hear Jeff got the position!

JDavis11 Reports That Jeff Horner...

Is the NEW Grad Assistant for The University of Iowa's Basketball program! Via Todd Brommelkamp tweet.

It's in the football forum if you want the link.

Congratulations Jeff! And welcome back!

Edit: Nevermind this thread...JDavis11 made a thread here too.

Last edited:
I think Horner has got the make-up to make it in coaching. He seems to have a good combination of ambition, charisma, and people skills. I think he will be an asset to the players, and could develop into an excellent recruiter. Although I'm not sure GA's have many recruiting duties.

Re: JDavis11 Reports That Jeff Horner...

[This post was a consolidated thread leftover. Nevermind.]

Last edited:

What do you mean, "Edit: Nevermind."? If it was a false alarm, that's okay... but just say so.

"Edit: Nevermind" was a nevermind for this thread as JDavis11 finally posted his thread in the basketball forum when he originally had done it in the football forum. If it was a false alarm about Horner, I would've said so. I can see where it could cause some confusion, so I re-edited.

Thanks HH.

Last edited:

[This post was a consolidated thread leftover. Nevermind.]

Last edited:
Jeff is a great guy and has a strong passion to be a coach and a strong passion for the Iowa program. Having chatted with him a few times the past two weeks I know he was really hopeful for this opportunity. I think they went with the right guy.

Today's Iowa HS players relate and know more of and to Horner than any of the other names mentioned from Hawkeye past

Jeff is a great guy and has a strong passion to be a coach and a strong passion for the Iowa program. Having chatted with him a few times the past two weeks I know he was really hopeful for this opportunity. I think they went with the right guy.

Today's Iowa HS players relate and know more of and to Horner than any of the other names mentioned from Hawkeye past

Jon, (or anyone else that wants to respond), do you think Jeff constitutes the former Iowa player on staff?

Horner's reaction after the Northeastern game shows how much passion and heart he has, he will be a great addition to the coaching staff and will make a great coach someday.

Well said! I honestly think this is the best possible hire as a GA...this kid has lived in a gym since a young kid and has a ton of passion that he will bring. I love this move!

Latest posts