Jeff Brinson Leaving Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Almost made it like an 'Oh by the way' part of this press release:

IOWA CITY, IA – Iowa Assistant Football Coach Eric Johnson will add coaching the tight ends to his responsibilities. The announcement came today from Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz.

Johnson, beginning his 12th year at Iowa, has been Iowa’s recruiting coordinator the last eight years and will continue to hold that position. He previously coached the tight ends for five years (2003-07) before giving it up to concentrate on recruiting. He’ll now hold both positions.

Erik Campbell will continue to coach Iowa’s wide receivers.

In another football related matter; redshirt freshman running back Jeff Brinson has decided to leave the Iowa program. Brinson, a native of St. Petersburg, FL, plans a transfer to a school closer to home.

That's too bad. Wish him the best where ever he decides to go. Hopefully we don't have a ton of injuries at RB this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to a FCS school. If he transfers to a D-1 school, it will be basically 3 seasons without seeing the field by the time he's eligible to play in 2011.

And that is the exact reason that I don't develope to much man love for these kids until they prove themselves.

Yeah, can't say I'm surprised either. Wish we could have seen what he could do here. Hopefully for him he'll catch on somewhere and be able to show off the skills we all hoped he would show here.

Not surprised by this at all. Not sure this really hurts either. Coker is probably most likely to benefit from this and now this will make sure we continue to see Wegher, Robinson and Hampton on the field.

Count me in with those who are not surprised. When you have as much talent stacked at one position (and so young) you are bound to have attrition...Brinson was the most likely candidate because of his injury/asthma issues, at least in my mind.

Can't say I blame him with the log jam were going to have at RB this year and on. Somebody was going to be a casualty and unfortunately it was him.

And that is the exact reason that I don't develope to much man love for these kids until they prove themselves.

This is so true - i was getting fed up with all the Brinson love. Until we see it on the field its impossible to know how good someone can be

No one should be shocked by this, at all. As i have said since last fall, he wasnt going to see the field this season and that was not going to change in 2010 either.

Latest posts