Jbo...

I wish he would of made the free throw if he missed it intentionally. Records are made to be broken. I don't remember if Chris Streets record was still going when he died in the car crash.

I wish he would of made the free throw if he missed it intentionally. Records are made to be broken. I don't remember if Chris Streets record was still going when he died in the car crash.
I thought I heard or read somewhere it was.

Yes, Street's last 2 FTs vs Duke in his last game extended his streak to 34 in a row.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...cbb62019393_story.html?utm_term=.e97f2c478073

Street was averaging 14.5 points and 9.5 rebounds per game when he died. On that afternoon at Duke, he had 14 and eight. Two of the points came on free throws in the first half, giving him 34 in a row, a program record.

Best thing is both have their name on it now, both great Hawkeyes and Iowan's. I think it is an even more meaningful gesture by Jordan because CMS was in the middle of the streak when he passed and never got the chance to extend the streak.

Good point.

I’m hoping that, twenty years down the road, there are a bunch of players tied with 34 consecutive free throws, but none have passed it. Your reasoning above makes me believe this even more.

Good point.

I’m hoping that, twenty years down the road, there are a bunch of players tied with 34 consecutive free throws, but none have passed it. Your reasoning above makes me believe this even more.
Wouldn't that be something? Hope I live long enough and Iowa has players good enough to do it

Nice move by JB to miss that free throw. In an otherwise entirely forgettable season, that leaves a memory. And, contrary to others' opinions, I think Chris Street would be just fine with what JB did. His pop certainly is.
I don’t know what Chris would think.

His dad thought it was a cool gesture and then told JBo to blow by it next times.

I think it would be great that the record not be broken until Chris’ parents pass on.

Nice story in Washington Post as well. National pub never hurts. Maybe some mom will tell her stud son to go play with those nice people in Iowa!

Wouldn't that be something? Hope I live long enough and Iowa has players good enough to do it
Peter Jok made a run at it in one game last year. Crean kept fouling him. It may go a way s towards explaining why Crean is no longer on a college sideline.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I think it's a good thing he didn't inform the staff of his intentions.

Somebody would have knee-jerked and forbid him to miss any free throw, especially if might happen at the end of a close game.

Good politics by JBo by keeping it to himself.

Good point.

Yes, in my opinion it may feel different had CMS already missed a shot or done it his freshmen year. But when the streak was still going, it is a really neat thing to honor him but having no other Hawkeye pass it if possible.

Latest posts