JBO Update?

NorthKCHawk

At the risk of flogging a long deceased horse, is there any information on JBO's current health status? Does anyone know if he was hospitalized overnight, or just treated and released? Hope he is or has recovered.

At the risk of flogging a long deceased horse, is there any information on JBO's current health status? Does anyone know if he was hospitalized overnight, or just treated and released? Hope he is or has recovered.
It's been strangely quiet

It's been strangely quiet
No really. My guess is that charges both ways are on the table and it takes a while to conduct interviews. The holiday delayed things. Fran likely spoke about the matter prematurely. As far as I can tell even his highly communicative male athlete sons are pretty quiet. The university is likely weighing its options. We reduce it to a mouthy athlete (Fry, can I dare say male?) that was mouthy and got a response) when it could be more complicated than that. When attorneys get involved and there is guilt on all sides, much of the time they want it quiet. The authorities also want to weigh the politics of it all from a host of angles. My guess is sometime this week or next, we will hear things. Later rather than sooner, but who knows.

While I agree that the legalities here create complexities, and there are a range of possible consequences to this whole deal, I do not see how that prevents someone from giving an update on how the kid is doing. Now, because it is medical, I suspect that the only person who can give an update without permission is Jordan himself. The fact that neither he nor anyone around him has given any update on how he is doing is concerning on multiple fronts.

I think it's funny anyone thinks Jordan is getting charged with anything - he looks like a dipshit albeit, but guys who do nothing as far as physical action and get knocked out on camera don't typically face charges. Again, if he was throwing ice, the person he threw it at would have to press charges. No charges were filed. As of now, no charges have been brought by the other party or that would be public knowledge. There was very little chance that the kid who decked Jordan was the one who got the ice thrown at him so it's going to be very hard for the kid to claim he was retaliating for that act, several minutes after it happened, once Jordan was down stairs at the club. All said, Jordan should have known better and tried to de-escalate the situation instead of stoking it - he ends up looking like crap in the whole deal. My guess is they throw the book at this kid to set an example not to throw down on Iowa athletes.

I think it's funny anyone thinks Jordan is getting charged with anything - he looks like a dipshit albeit, but guys who do nothing as far as physical action and get knocked out on camera don't typically face charges. Again, if he was throwing ice, the person he threw it at would have to press charges. No charges were filed. As of now, no charges have been brought by the other party or that would be public knowledge. There was very little chance that the kid who decked Jordan was the one who got the ice thrown at him so it's going to be very hard for the kid to claim he was retaliating for that act, several minutes after it happened, once Jordan was down stairs at the club. All said, Jordan should have known better and tried to de-escalate the situation instead of stoking it - he ends up looking like crap in the whole deal. My guess is they throw the book at this kid to set an example not to throw down on Iowa athletes.
If he threw/tossed ice at people, your premise though may be correct in the end, is wrong at this point.

Throwing ice by definition is assault. No need to sugar coat it even if he's an athlete.

Throwing ice by definition is assault. No need to sugar coat it even if he's an athlete.

He or nobody said it wasn't. He was merely pointing out that no charges have been brought by the individuals who got hit by the ice or does he think they will.

He's not being brought up on charges. Seriously, if you are holding out for the IC police to bring charges against Jordan, enjoy waiting forever and get ready for disappointment. I don't argue that throwing ice could be considered assault but in most cases a pretty good argument is going to need to be made for that to be the case. Also, I feel confident that the party that assaulted Jordan was not the same party that had the ice thrown on them. Not positive, but pretty sure so retaliation doesn't really fit as justified in this case. If there are charges brought, it's going to be against the party that violently attacked Jordan on camera.

Maybe no one is getting charged with anything.

Maybe JB is off social media because he's embarrassed or maybe Fran told him it's not a good look to get chippy on twitter and then go downtown and start a ruckus when you're as public and controversial as him. I have no idea.

I did see that Monday he retweeted a Memorial Day statement from someone else, so he's definitely looking at his account.

It's very possible that he realized he made a big oops and now he feels bad about the whole situation, let alone getting punched. He knows any statement of contrition he makes will just cause the twitter horde to go after him harder so I kinda think he's just letting the whole thing stay quiet. I don't think there's as much to it as people are saying.

Maybe no one is getting charged with anything.

Maybe JB is off social media because he's embarrassed or maybe Fran told him it's not a good look to get chippy on twitter and then go downtown and start a ruckus when you're as public and controversial as him. I have no idea.

I did see that Monday he retweeted a Memorial Day statement from someone else, so he's definitely looking at his account.

It's very possible that he realized he made a big oops and now he feels bad about the whole situation, let alone getting punched. He knows any statement of contrition he makes will just cause the twitter horde to go after him harder so I kinda think he's just letting the whole thing stay quiet. I don't think there's as much to it as people are saying.
I think you're probably right

If he threw/tossed ice at people, your premise though may be correct in the end, is wrong at this point.

Absolutely

In fact, with the Stand Your Ground Law

Jordan could have been shot legally

After all, he Might have thrown some ice at someone

Can't wait for the new Law to arrive

You, know: One will not need a permit to purchase and carry handguns

Western Shootout GIF - Western Shootout Cowboy - Discover & Share GIFs

You looking at me.....?

If I am guessing, Jordan might not want to press charges to save some face but I bet Fran and the University want to make an example out of it from both sides. If you are an athlete at the U of I, nothing good happens at 2 am at the bar and if you are not an athlete at the U of I and if you throw down on one of them at a bar you're going to be prosecuted to the fullest.

Latest posts