JBo is thinking about coming back next year

I hope you don't take the musician part wrong. It's not meant to be a put down at all. I just know I have quite a few things in my life I wish I was better at. I'm not for two reasons. One is I spread myself too thin. The other is I don't have the drive it takes to get to the next level.
No offense taken at all. If I was a musician who wasn’t paid properly for my skill I wouldn’t play at all. Or at the very least I’d fight for better work situations. If I was told that I could play for 4 years for peanuts but I’d be famous while the venue made millions id go ahead and tell em to F themselves as well. I would be a better musician if I concentrated 100 percent on it, but I’d still have the bandwidth to be able to handle some other hats as are most humans

Jordan doesn’t seem to be spread thin to me, but like the whole “who works harder”, the eyes is in the beholder.

He definitely opens the door for criticism, because he shares other parts of his life outside basketball. I just think ya gotta be a real asshole to throw that kind of shit in his face.

He definitely opens the door for criticism, because he shares other parts of his life outside basketball. I just think ya gotta be a real asshole to throw that kind of shit in his face.
I agree. The real question is do you think you have to be a real asshole to discuss it on a message board?

No offense taken at all. If I was a musician who wasn’t paid properly for my skill I wouldn’t play at all. Or at the very least I’d fight for better work situations. If I was told that I could play for 4 years for peanuts but I’d be famous while the venue made millions id go ahead and tell em to F themselves as well. I would be a better musician if I concentrated 100 percent on it, but I’d still have the bandwidth to be able to handle some other hats as are most humans

Jordan doesn’t seem to be spread thin to me, but like the whole “who works harder”, the eyes is in the beholder.
I agree I would do the same. I did get criticized here tho for suggesting it would affect Bohannon's desire to give full effort.

If you haven't yet, you should listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dan Gable. Man that guy is built different. 99.9% of the population can't even fathom the dedication some people put into being great. While you say "I can put 100% into something and still have plenty of time for other ventures", guys like him would say "if you're putting 100% into something, you don't have time for shit ".

Say Bohannon spent 2 hours per night playing fortnight. My argument isn't that he shouldn't. My argument is that he would be better at basketball if he spent that 2 hours playing basketball. I'm also saying that I'm sure there are plenty of basketball players out there that would say "I don't have time to game for 2 hours a night". The only reason I'm even saying that is it's kinda where the conversation has drifted.

I agree I would do the same. I did get criticized here tho for suggesting it would affect Bohannon's desire to give full effort.

If you haven't yet, you should listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dan Gable. Man that guy is built different. 99.9% of the population can't even fathom the dedication some people put into being great. While you say "I can put 100% into something and still have plenty of time for other ventures", guys like him would say "if you're putting 100% into something, you don't have time for shit ".

Say Bohannon spent 2 hours per night playing fortnight. My argument isn't that he shouldn't. My argument is that he would be better at basketball if he spent that 2 hours playing basketball. I'm also saying that I'm sure there are plenty of basketball players out there that would say "I don't have time to game for 2 hours a night". The only reason I'm even saying that is it's kinda where the conversation has drifted.
They’re athletes at another level. They practice extremely hard and can’t just go go go with their bodies. There’s mostly down time in a pro or even being a D1 level athlete. Especially one rehabbing from injury. You’re literally a dipshit if you think he should he play fortnight less and practice basketball more. Not you per say PC, but if that is an indeed real take, you are without question dumber than a post

Last edited:
They’re athletes at another level. They practice extremely hard and can’t just go go go with their bodies. There’s mostly down time in a pro or even being a D1 level athlete. Especially one rehabbing from injury. You’re literally a dipshit if you think he should he play fortnight less and practice basketball more. Not you per say PC, but if that is an indeed real take, you are without question dumber than a post
I'm not saying he should play fortnight less and basketball more. I'm saying he would be better at basketball if he did. The only way I could speak on whether or not I think he should is if I knew how much he did of both, which I don't. But the same goes for you. The only way you can say "you're a dipshit if you think he should play fortnight less and basketball more" is if you knew how much he played. Reason being, say he literally spent every free second playing fortnight and never even touched a basketball other than mandatory practice. I'm pretty sure Fran would be a dipshit in your eyes because he would definitely be thinking Bohannon should play less fortnight and practice more basketball.

The main thing that bothers me here tho is it's like you don't even recognize the difference between me saying he should play more and saying he would be better if he played more. To me those are two completely different things.

Imagine being a big enough asshole that you think Jordan Bohannon needs to shut up and play? Being a player advocate isn't wrong. Being vocal about your rights and letting your character show, again, isn't wrong. Being more than a basketball player isn't wrong. Having a podcast, isn't wrong. Wanting the basic right of NIL for your sport, the same exact thing every other person in America has rights too at that age, isn't wrong. Imagine believing that is cause for bad play or a distraction, him fighting and speaking up about player rights? A law that's already been passed in 8 states and is absolutely inevitable for every state. Imagine being upset at a kid for trying to make the game better in general. You are the worst if that's you.
Look back and try to find negative JBo posts from me. I’m talking all the way back to the arguments 5 years ago about him not being a PG...had to play the 2. I’m not saying there are zero but I don’t remember 1.

Well I will openly admit I’m a big asshole. JBo can say whatever he wants after the last game of the season until the first game of the following season. But once the season starts it’s about the team and winning IMO.

Even if it doesn’t affect Jbo’s play it may have a negative impact on other players. And it’s an unnecessary distraction. Imagine every player on the Iowa team doing this concerning their individual topic. It would be a total shit show.

I don't really blame him though, sounds like this season put a pretty big scope on how shitty it really is. They sacrificed their entire lives to make things work this season for the school, us fans and the NCAA. You carry that on your back for a few years and see how you feel about how grateful you should be for the opportunity.
And they got an extra year of eligibility because of it.

There's no question that athletes put their body through hell. And I totally agree that they are physically and mentally unable to focus solely on basketball all the time throughout the course of the season and have to have other things/hobbies to relax. The only issue I would have with the Fortnite streaming, as a fan/teammate/coach would be is it interfering with his sleep schedule which is needed to not only speed up the recover of the wear and tear on the body, but also keep him at the top of his game mentally.

I have zero questions with regard to his dedication, but would take issue with it if he wasn't getting enough rest and it was causing additional mental and physical fatigue on top of what he was already undergoing. Unfortunately that's something that only Jordan (and possibly those who are around him all the time) would know. Not us.

Interesting post here. First point I will make 5 years and then maybe 6 we call that a lifer at U of Iowa Christ move on Iowa City gets boring after awhile. Now to sports yes we all went crazy (not really) when he hit those occasional big shots usually when they did not mean anything however for every 3 he gave up 9 at the other end (bad math) I think I am on point 3 are you counting. You can still be an Iowa fan and not like the product on the court which in this year and historically under Franny Boy barely gets a C Plus hire a Mid Major Coach you get Mid Major Results. Oh, the one exception is the lovely 101 year old nuns team in Chicago he is a good coach.
So where did Baylor hire Scott Drew from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Valparaiso. Where did Alabama hire Nate Oats from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Buffalo. Where did USC hire Andy Enfield from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Florida Gulf Coast. Where did Villanova hire Jay Wright from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Hofstra. The list goes on and on.

Hiring mid-majors is a typical way for the "big boys" to hire. There are a few who were assistants promoted to the head coach jobs, but most frequently they are hired from mid-majors.

I really do not care about the other stuff. I care about how this team plays on the court if he decides to return.

He is a 15 and 5 guy(points and assists) if he comes back next year. Those stats are good, but there will be 7,8,9 games where he will be taken out and be a non-factor. The teams in the past could absorbs those games...I do not think the 21-22 team will be able too...even if Weezy comes back. Being 24 doesn't matter, he is who he is at this point.

I do not have the pitchforks out rooting for him not to return. He would be a great accessory piece if everyone returned, Everyone isn't coming back, so Jbo returning doesn't affect(effect?) the win total, imo.

So where did Baylor hire Scott Drew from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Valparaiso. Where did Alabama hire Nate Oats from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Buffalo. Where did USC hire Andy Enfield from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Florida Gulf Coast. Where did Villanova hire Jay Wright from? Oh, yeah - mid-major Hofstra. The list goes on and on.

Hiring mid-majors is a typical way for the "big boys" to hire. There are a few who were assistants promoted to the head coach jobs, but most frequently they are hired from mid-majors.

Very true. Just gotta be sure you hire the right guy. You also need to be sure not to hire Todd Lickliter instead of Brad Stevens (Iowa), or Dan Monson instead of Mark Few (Minnesota). Both Butler and Gonzaga had some success under Lick and Monson, but both programs really excelled once Stevens and Few took the reigns.

If you're savvy enough to hire the right assistant from a good program.. Easier said than done I'm sure.

Latest posts