JBo is thinking about coming back next year

Man I'm torn on this one. Part of me sees the offensive threat and wants another year of it. Made 3 pointers are one of the more exciting parts of basketball and I was a bit bummed thinking about next year's team and lack of 3 point shooters. The other part of me wants to see in your face defense. Something next years team would need to rely heavily on.

I'll tell you what tho. If Bohannon and Wieakamp come back, Garza just as well too. Just like Aaliyah said, if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again.

I appreciate all that he has done for his team and university. But honestly, I think it is someone else's turn. I think he should move on with his life. I am sure he will be successful at whatever career path he chooses.

Jess Settles says, sure, why not. If I'm Ulis...I'm in the transfer portal...or Toussaint...one of them won't stay. You already have five additional guys coming back...CJ, Connor, Toussaint, Ulis, and Perkins. You can only play two.

What's the common theme for all the teams still left in the tournament? They are all great defensively. Hell, some of them made the sweet 16 because they were great defensively. Guess how teams that lead the country in the offensive efficiency category and were mediocre on defense did in the tournament. All roads ended after the first round.

We have to be much better defensively. Jordan can be shut down...we have seen it over and over...when you play the likes of Alabama, Houston, Baylor, Oregon, Gonzaga, Michigan, USC etc. We all know he's an average defensive player. How does that help us take the next step?

I love Jordan's play and he's a great Hawkeye...but Fran has to decide what his team needs to be to win and make a run to the Final Four...unless the goal is a 20 win season and early tournament exits. If that is the case, we have arrived!

This is a tough one. I am running various lineups in my head and in most scenarios Jbo coming back doesn't make Iowa better. Like PC and others I am torn on this .

I know it won't happen, but if he came back I hope he would come off the bench. I'm ready to see what the young guys can do with increased minutes.

Him coming off the bench on a team that is stacked would be the perfect role for him, but that's not going to be Iowa next year.

I guess I fail to see the complete negative in him coming back. All the other guards can't shoot to save their lives....at least he brings some sort of shooting threat. Just don't have him playing point guard.

IMHO, what I don't like is JBo saying I'm only coming back for the money. That speaks of wrong priorities and can't be very inspiring to the team.

Didn't think I had to worry about him killing most of the shot clock dribbling around the 3 point line and then tossing up a desperation shot. But here we are.

Bottom line? It is up to Jordon. I don’t see any particular down side to his return. He may well have to accept a different role than in the past. Maybe that is fine with him. And, does Nunge’s transfer impact? And yes, I know JBO is not a post player.

If he comes back, if JW stays, and we add a player or two from the transfer portal.....Iowa will be right there again among Top 5 in conference and anywhere probably from a 7 to 3 seed would be my guess.
And another first-weekend exit in March.

Latest posts