Jarryd Cole-Senior Day

BradBanks02

I feel like something special for Jarryd on Senior Day. Like give the students #50 signs or something along those lines. He's been through a lot.

Recruited by Alford, played for Lick then Fran, and basically ruined most 2 seasons(and still probably doesn't play at his highest possible level) do to his freshman year injury. He stayed when most preferred to bail, always has a good attitude, and stayed out of trouble.

Hopefully we can do something special for this kid!

Agreed. As I posted in another thread on Wednesday, Jarryd is a guy that deserves to be remembered by Hawk fans in 15 years. He and Gatens should go down as the two most important players of the era when we look back at the rebuilding project. Cartwright/Basabe will be remembered as the players who helped lay the foundation on the court/in the scoresheet, but Gatens, and especially Cole, are the heart and soul of this team.

Jarryd Cole is a 3 time captain (as voted on by his teammates) and busted his a$$ to keep this ship afloat despite injuries, players leaving and 3 different coaches...I don't give a crap about his career statistics or points per game...He's the epitome of what we want our athletes to be, regardless of sport and he's going to go down as one of my all-time favorite Hawkeyes.

Jarryd Cole is a 3 time captain (as voted on by his teammates) and busted his a$$ to keep this ship afloat despite injuries, players leaving and 3 different coaches...I don't give a crap about his career statistics or points per game...He's the epitome of what we want our athletes to be, regardless of sport and he's going to go down as one of my all-time favorite Hawkeyes.

I agree with this statement 150%. Jarryd has done nothing put his heart and soul into this program and it's too bad that he has had to go through everything he has gone through. He should be able to go out with a bang.

I agree with this statement 150%. Jarryd has done nothing put his heart and soul into this program and it's too bad that he has had to go through everything he has gone through. He should be able to go out with a bang.

I keep hoping for an upset of Purdue on Senior Day. I know it's not likely at all. But it's what he deserves.

No...it's a team sport. What he deserves personally doesn't mean he'll get it through the team.

Yep, it is a team sport. But guess what, barring some freak event the team that deserves to win, wins. It might not be the team with the best citizens, hard workers, scholars, whatever. But they still deserve to win the game because they scored the most points.

Yep, it is a team sport. But guess what, barring some freak event the team that deserves to win, wins. It might not be the team with the best citizens, hard workers, scholars, whatever. But they still deserve to win the game because they scored the most points.

I'm just saying, for all the work and dedication that he's put into this program, there's not been much to show for it. It'd just be great to see him go out on a high note in Carver.

I see your point about the "team"...but in fairness to tm, he was speaking of a specific person who doesn't carry the destiny of the team with him...for instance, say I came down with something awful, like ALS...and after it destroyed me, tm said "Shane deserved a better fate"...would we say, no he didn't, if he and his doctors couldn't beat ALS, he got what he deserved!"? Harsh analogy, but individual people don't always get what they "deserve".

Well said.

Mr. Cole definitely deserves a great sendoff. He's my son's favorite player, and he doesn't even know the whole story.

I like the sign idea. And beating Purdue in his last home game when they will most likely be ranked within the top 15-20 would be awesome.

Jarryd never waivered. A Hawkeye through and through during one of the darkest times of Iowa Basketball.

Hard worker, loyal teammate... can't ask for anything more from him.

I know I'll catch hell for saying this but I wish Artchie would decide to make senior day his last home game as well. This team needs an upgrade in talent and another scolly opening up for someone who can actually play in the Big Ten would be a plus. Any of the players we are recruiting would be an improvement.

Latest posts