James Vandenberg's relation playing QB at Keokuk?

ibahawkeye

I was looking at some high school stats and see that Gabe Vandenberg is 5th in class 3A in yards passing. He is a junior and has 14 TD to 1 INT.

Just curious if this is a brother or how they are related.

His weight is a bigger concern than his height IMO.

If he can get up to at least 175, I think he'll have a shot.

Sounds like he's every bit as talented as James, at least in high school.

FWIW, in another article from the Burlington Hawkeye, it states he's receiving interest from Illinois, Indiana and NIU and that he's visited Indiana and Illinois this year.

I watched his game last week against Oskaloosa. He is very accurate and throws a nice ball, but those size measurements may be generous. He looked really slight on the field, and neither team had a lot of size. The game was shown on the local cable channel, it might be out on the net somewhere. The running back for Keokuk played well also in an entertaining first half.

JVB came to Iowa 6'3 160-170 lbs. obviously he has been Doylized. I believe he is pushing 220 now. 5'11 will be an issue for his brother, but maybe he will be like Drew Tate mobile, ability to find passing lanes to throw through. Like Burky I am not a recruiter, never seen the kid play, I have no idea what the potential/ceiling is.

Funny how things change.

A couple of years ago, I would have said "so what if he is only 5'11." Now, I am more of the mindset where I think, "aren't we past having to take guys that are not B1G size?"

Perspective is strange.

Latest posts