James Daniels Headed to NFL

Everytime i focused on him he either whiffed or was blown up

I agree I was never really impressed with Daniels all that much either, but wish the kid best of luck. I did see him get blown up quite a few times. I would not say he was one of our best recent players on the OL, so I was surprised to see him declaring for the NFL draft. Apparently that is why I am not paid the big bucks to be an NFL scout.

I agree I was never really impressed with Daniels all that much either, but wish the kid best of luck. I did see him get blown up quite a few times. I would not say he was one of our best recent players on the OL, so I was surprised to see him declaring for the NFL draft. Apparently that is why I am not paid the big bucks to be an NFL scout.

Not only did he get blown up sometimes, but he really seemed to struggle with snapping the ball this season.

Ouch.. Ouch Ouch. Nobody is more bummed then Stanley. Can't be mad at him. That lottery ticket is just begging to be cashed.

This is a bigger loss than Jackson IMO. Good luck James. Hopefully you land on a team with a winning culture

That's an interesting question... Who is the bigger loss?

In my opinion - Jackson was certainly better individually than Daniels but I also think that the Center position is so important to the entire offensive line that his loss could likely be felt more.

Also the depth at QB seems to be strong. The OLine is deep but I'm not sure about the Center position.

You can add me to the list of posters that no nothing about what makes a good OL. I could not tell that Daniels was any good. It just was not obvious to me. And its not like he was first team all Big Ten, so many people must feel this way.

You can add me to the list of posters that no nothing about what makes a good OL. I could not tell that Daniels was any good. It just was not obvious to me. And its not like he was first team all Big Ten, so many people must feel this way.
Akrum Wadley want first team either. Was he any good?

So the little ole Iowa that the national media likes to bash and ridicule OSU for having lost to has 2 players one on each side of the ball going pro early. Not only going pro early but most likely being taken in the top 2 rounds. Plus Wadley will be an impact player at the next level. Someone will fall in love with Jewell. Say what you want about Iowa we churn out pros.

mark down ISU as a loss. We've seen the early season uncertainty before as KFz's teams have struggled to figure out the O line. This is a tough loss.

I like Daniels but this is a terrible decision on his part. He will be lucky to get drafted.
I have a hundred spot that says he does. Saying he'll be lucky to get drafted is ignorant. Unless maybe you have NFL scouting connections and know the same people who are telling Daniels that he has a likely spot.

Most places have him going second round and first of the available centers. McShay (who is way more accurate then Kiper) has him 35th and the second center. A second round pick is worth up to $7 million over 4 years.

Jake Butt got $500K in insurance when he got hurt after coming back. Do the math.

So the little ole Iowa that the national media likes to bash and ridicule OSU for having lost to has 2 players one on each side of the ball going pro early. Not only going pro early but most likely being taken in the top 2 rounds. Plus Wadley will be an impact player at the next level. Someone will fall in love with Jewell. Say what you want about Iowa we churn out pros.
All true in my opinion except for Wadley. I hope like hell I'm wrong but I don't think he has the body for today's NFL.

Even guys like Barry Sanders and Walter Peyton were 5'9" ish but they were 200 lbs. They didn't play against the speed and strength of today's DLs and LBs. If he makes a mark it's as a receiverLike Welker or Beasley.

Jewell...he's going to be a 10-year, multiple Pro Bowl linebacker for the Vikings, just like another Hawk LB I know ;)

I like Daniels but this is a terrible decision on his part. He will be lucky to get drafted.
I think he should come back but I’ve read that he is projected as #2 center in this year’s draft.
Center position normally not drafted high so best get the clock ticking.

the position must be weak this draft because his junior year didn’t look like his sophomore year.

so, not a whole lof of game experience at C for any of the possible candidates. did our staff in our developmental program see this possibility coming, based on the talent they saw for 3 years, and have developed players ready to step in?