James Daniels Headed to NFL

This hurts a bit but we have a deep ol and time to get things right. Good luck to one of the best centers we’ve had.

Hmmm... this one surprises me a little. But with all KF's NFL connections I'm sure they have advised him on whether this is a wise move or not. Good luck to him!

Kirk Ferentz just keeps making pro players. Now, I'm sure the negativity will begin with that comment about how he can't win games...blah blah blah...or his offensive coordinator can't run an offense...blah blah blah.

I like where the program is. I like that we have very few issues with off the field problems. I like that when a player at Iowa talks about Iowa, they have nothing but glowing thoughts about how the staff treated them and worked with them as people and players.

It's a first class program in what can be a seedy business.

Congrats to James Daniels on his hard work paying off. The man is going to get paid.

Who's the next man in at this important position?

Glass half full. At least this may help recruiting stating have linemen that have left early.

I thought he might stay but I also didn't anticipate he would receive a 1st/2nd round draft evaluation which it sounds like he did so I suppose it makes sense. More Hawks to the NFL is always a good thing!!

Losing Daniels really stings. This one will hurt. The center is a key spot on the offensive line. Next season Daniels was going to be calling out the pressures. No matter if we find someone with the same talent to snap the ball and block there is zero chance that they will be experienced enough to call out the blitzes. This means it's all on Stanley's shoulders again next year. I was really hoping that Daniels would stay.

I like Daniels but this is a terrible decision on his part. He will be lucky to get drafted.

He should be listening to a message board poster not the NFL draft advisory board and his coaching staff which has ties to the NFL and a strong history of sending players to the NFL.

Has a player ever left early under Kirk and not get drafted?

This is a bigger loss than Jackson IMO. Good luck James. Hopefully you land on a team with a winning culture

I've added to my story linked in the OP talking about how things look on the offensive line with the loss of Daniels and Welsh.

Losing Daniels will hurt. I was hoping he'd stay. They'll miss him next year. I just hope it doesn't take 3-4 weeks for a new center to gel with the rest of the OL, instead, I'd like them to hit the ground running. No tinkering with the OL heading into the Big Ten schedule, that won't be good.

He should be listening to a message board poster not the NFL draft advisory board and his coaching staff which has ties to the NFL and a strong history of sending players to the NFL.

Has a player ever left early under Kirk and not get drafted?

It's just my opinion. I didn't say he should listen to me. With that said I've read nothing that suggests he will be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round draft pick. If you're going to leave early I would think it only makes sense if you have been told you're going to be a high draft pick. Daniels certainly hasn't been told that.