Jaleel: I made a mistake, don't know who DC will be

tweeterhawk

Jaleel Johnson (on Facebook):
I made a mistake .. I'm not 100% sure who iowa's new defensive coordinator is..by there has been rumors going around about it

So early to be in the KF doghouse. :D

Poor Jaleel. Hee needs to step away from the computer for a little while. I can't wait to see him play though!!!

Yeah, he should take it easy on the tweeting thing. Kirk doesn't appear to be a big fan of it anyway.

Were you folks equally hard on Nico Law when he was tweeting last year at this time?

Let him finish high school before having to follow KF's rules.

Yeah, he should take it easy on the tweeting thing. Kirk doesn't appear to be a big fan of it anyway.

Funny, as Fran sort of seems to encourage it as he attempts to rebuild the basketball program. Matt, Dev, Bryce, Andrew, Coach Francis, Drew Speraw among others regularly tweet about upcoming games and occasionally their thoughts on the past game.

I would like to welcome Jaleel Johnson, the newest member of the DJK **** KF off with social media club.

Were you folks equally hard on Nico Law when he was tweeting last year at this time?

He's posting about Iowa's new DC before it is even announced. That is a rule he needs to follow.

Who cares, he posted a rumor. Seriously Iowa needs to make the announcement already. If he is the hire than great. Jaleel shouldn't be face punishment for that, how stupid would that be.

If KF is this upset by it like some of you claim he would be, he should pull his scholarship and move on.

Last edited:

This is a dumb post. What did Nico ever tweet that was bad? He is representing the Hawks already so yes some of the rules do need to be followed. Also this really isnt a rule, its more common sense.

and you can't see the difference between a message board poster and a football recruit?????

Exactly. If I posted that, no one would notice. The kid is part of the team and people are going to relay that rumor that he is starting. Not a good idea.

Who cares, he posted a rumor. Seriously Iowa needs to make the announcement already. If he is the hire than great. Jaleel shouldn't be face punishment for that, how stupid would that be.

If KF is this upset by it like some of you claim he would be, he should pull his scholarship and move on.

Kirk or a coach on the staff obviously said something to him, because now he's saying he made a mistake. Having his scholly pulled would be more than a punishment.

and you can't see the difference between a message board poster and a football recruit?????

Yes, I do see the difference. But I am not about to lose my mind about it.

Most of you here make it seem like you never said something w/out thinking when you were in HS. I highly doubt that's true.

It'll be refreshing when KF finally fills the position.

I won't be surprised to learn that Jaleel was 100 percent with what he'd been told but the coaches were upset that he was announcing it to the world on his FB page. The wording of his last FB post makes me think more than JJ's hands were involved with writing it...

Latest posts