Jacobson signs 10 year extension

terrell just reported on kxno

that jacobsen just got ten year deal through 2020 at UNI on murph and andy show.

doesnt mean he wont go anywhere after this year but I think you can definitely cross him off our list of coaches

Re: terrell just reported on kxno

I am glad for him and think UNI fits him perfectly. If he continue to prove himself year after year, then he will get a look from a big boy.

Remember, is it coincidence that he is having a great run as coach during Iowa and ISU's worst time frame that I can remember?

Re: terrell just reported on kxno

I don't think he wants a look at the big boys or he could of had it. Congrats to UNI.

I wonder if this happened cause the search committee was talking to him about the job?? Never know i guess

A win-win situation. Good for Ben and good for Iowa.

Not necessarily because Barta seems to really like Jim Boylen from Utah (56-42 in 3 years HC experience) from what I'm reading/hearing and if this is true then I would much rather have Jake. If Barta is going mid-major then why not go after a successful mid-major coach??

Good for Ben. Great for UI! This just isn't the guy to get the job done. I'm with JM, we have got to find someone that has swam with the sharks! Please deliver BARTA!!

I hope he stays there the rest of his career. It's refreshing in this day and age to have a coach commit to a program like this.

Now watch him leave.;)

Good for him.

I'm probably the last to notice this, but Jacobson and Lute Olson hail from the same home town of Mayville, ND.

Latest posts