Jack won't be a Hawkeye

It's not this black and white.... Not even close. I wasn't there I assume you weren't either. If the report is true it was an accident. Jack wasn't driving distracted or speeding. It's a dangerous multi lane intersection. Is a person that hits a deer guilty of a crime every time that happens? This was a jogger running out in front of him when he couldn't see till it was too late.

They are charging him with the misdemeanor aspect of his involvement. To compare this to the trigger pulling of a gun is just absurd.

What'll be interesting is if the McCafferys accept that and pay the fine or fight it. By doing so it would be admitting to fault and making it easier to prosecute them civilly. Which I anticipate will happen either way on if the family fights the charges or not. This isn't over in that regard at all.
He can also stipulate trial on the minutes. Court considers the evidence presented in the filings, defendant offers no argument or evidence and court convicts. The conviction is not proof of liability and cannot be entered as evidence the same was an admission can. In the civil proceeding, they would have to prove the entirety of the responsibility and liability.

If Fran stays and Jack seriously doesn't want to be a Hawk our recruiting competition is going to have a field day with it.

I can see (insert any B1G school here) telling a potential Iowa recruit "Why would you want to play for that lunatic when his own kid doesn't?"

Between Patrick's issues and this statement from Jack it won't take much for competition to spin it as terrible optics, even if those optics couldn't be further from the truth.

If Fran stays and Jack seriously doesn't want to be a Hawk our recruiting competition is going to have a field day with it.

I can see (insert any B1G school here) telling a potential Iowa recruit "Why would you want to play for that lunatic when his own kid doesn't?"

Between Patrick's issues and this statement from Jack it won't take much for competition to spin it as terrible optics, even if those optics couldn't be further from the truth.
Ya think someone might say "well, yeah he killed a guy" in response to that? I mean, not that there won't be negative recruiting, because there will be, but that one isn't tough to snuff out by anyone.

and potential recruits don't think Fran is a lunatic lol, they think he's a guy who develops under rated talent into All Americans. People fail to realize that Iowa has been recruiting at a really high level for a while now despite so many things that being a likely outcome. I mean, our attendance sucks even though we are going to the dance at the highest clip in school history and we're producing multiple NPOY candidates (face it, we have shitty fans), our stadium sucks to be in (Carver is a dump), we have NIL that isn't on par with the rest of the country and Fran keeps churning out above average teams with stars that are getting to the NBA. I don't think Fran has to worry about someone trying to sell that his own kid doesn't want to play for him cause that's not true.

Ya think someone might say "well, yeah he killed a guy" in response to that? I mean, not that there won't be negative recruiting, because there will be, but that one isn't tough to snuff out by anyone.

and potential recruits don't think Fran is a lunatic lol, they think he's a guy who develops under rated talent into All Americans. People fail to realize that Iowa has been recruiting at a really high level for a while now despite so many things that being a likely outcome. I mean, our attendance sucks even though we are going to the dance at the highest clip in school history and we're producing multiple NPOY candidates (face it, we have shitty fans), our stadium sucks to be in (Carver is a dump), we have NIL that isn't on par with the rest of the country and Fran keeps churning out above average teams with stars that are getting to the NBA. I don't think Fran has to worry about someone trying to sell that his own kid doesn't want to play for him cause that's not true.
We know everything you posted is true because Hawkeye fans know the truth.

But in the dirty world of recruiting, where there is no prize for contending bidders, this can't be a good look. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there recruiting against us.

We know everything you posted is true because Hawkeye fans know the truth.

But in the dirty world of recruiting, where there is no prize for contending bidders, this can't be a good look. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there recruiting against us.
He killed a guy, he doesn't want to remain here and who can blame him? I think it's a reach that this will be used as a negative recruiting tactic as it's pretty straight forward.

If you have not already read the lengthy, detailed article in the Press Citizen, describing the court proceedings, do so. Very contentious. Jack did not attend the hearing, apparently due to his status as a minor. Family was present.

He killed a guy, he doesn't want to remain here and who can blame him? I think it's a reach that this will be used as a negative recruiting tactic as it's pretty straight forward.
Again, we all know the accident is why it's underdtsndable why Jack might not want to be a Hawkeye.

The competition won't see it that easy however. They could easily play up the "Jack doesn't want to play for his dad" narrative.

Some may already be playing the "Fran caused Patrick to flip out" narrative even though that couldn't be further from the truth.