Jack Nunge's minutes

Yea, both those players bring something a little different.

Connor is heady and a coach on the floor if you will. Joe T can do more off the dribble and is quicker.

Joe T has great upside and I think will learn a lot. Kind of like BJ Armstrong progression thru the years.
BJ as a soph was puttin up 12 pts & 4 assists his first yr starting. His last 2 yrs he was sick like 18 pts & 5 assists. I will be so tickled to see what JT can be as an upper classman because once things start clicking for him more he should be able to get where he wants on the floor anytime he wants. Then it's just about hitting the shots

I HATE the JBo hate on this Board. Don't get it. Never will. Guy is an ice cold killer and the best 3 point shooter at Iowa ever. Love JT. But, I have never seen him win Iowa a game. I have seen Bohannon win several big time games.

yep, it's there's a checklist to posting on Hawkeyenation about Jordan

1. Say how much you like Jordan and that you love him. Say this first so everyone knows that up front.
2. Slightly suggest in the next sentence that while you love him, you're sick and tired of watching the other teams PG blow past him. Use very senseless data points, like his performance against Northern IL. Completely ignore his play against the only opponent we played this season thus far with a pulse.
3. Replace him all together with a kid who's literally done nothing at Iowa so far. I am truly excited about Joe T. But his D needed to get MUCH better than last season. I mean last season he likely was about the same caliber of defender as SR. Jordan Bohannon. He was on skates - his D was pretty awful. Sure he was fast but didn't know how to use that speed. This season it appears he's dialing it in. But yeah, we should definitely sit the guy who's proven nothing because the guy in front of him is Jordan Bohannon and what's he done?
4. Repeat it in several posts, start your own post and then hammer that home all the way season regardless of results.

It's an echochamber point. Something to complain about after beating another team by 50 points. If you wanna say that JOrdan's freshman year we had a bad season and we played extremely poor defense that season and didn't have a lot of upper class leadership, I am going to agree with you 100%. He still played well and made the all conference frosh team...but still, his D was pretty bad and on a bad team, probably one of the main cogs for the bad season that year.

After that? Sure, his D isn't great probably never will be, but his D is not holding us back. It's not the one piece we need to be great. News flash we're great right now. We're #3 in the country and teams aren't even really giving us much of game. There really isn't much Iowa needs to change from that recipe. Now, I know we'll lose some games... and I know there will be things I want to change from a fan prospective. I save that kind of discussion for when it's needed. Right now, I aint worried about shit.

BJ as a soph was puttin up 12 pts & 4 assists his first yr starting. His last 2 yrs he was sick like 18 pts & 5 assists. I will be so tickled to see what JT can be as an upper classman because once things start clicking for him more he should be able to get where he wants on the floor anytime he wants. Then it's just about hitting the shots

Yea, the game still has to slow down for him a bit more. When that happens, look out, especially with all of Iowa's shooters.

He also has a little edge to him that I like. A little cockyness along with a little attitude like Connor at times. Good stuff.

1. Say how much you like Jordan and that you love him. Say this first so everyone knows that up front.
2. Slightly suggest in the next sentence that while you love him, you're sick and tired of watching the other teams PG blow past him. Use very senseless data points, like his performance against Northern IL. Completely ignore his play against the only opponent we played this season thus far with a pulse.
3. Replace him all together with a kid who's literally done nothing at Iowa so far. I am truly excited about Joe T. But his D needed to get MUCH better than last season. I mean last season he likely was about the same caliber of defender as SR. Jordan Bohannon. He was on skates - his D was pretty awful. Sure he was fast but didn't know how to use that speed. This season it appears he's dialing it in. But yeah, we should definitely sit the guy who's proven nothing because the guy in front of him is Jordan Bohannon and what's he done?
4. Repeat it in several posts, start your own post and then hammer that home all the way season regardless of results.

It's an echochamber point. Something to complain about after beating another team by 50 points. If you wanna say that JOrdan's freshman year we had a bad season and we played extremely poor defense that season and didn't have a lot of upper class leadership, I am going to agree with you 100%. He still played well and made the all conference frosh team...but still, his D was pretty bad and on a bad team, probably one of the main cogs for the bad season that year.

After that? Sure, his D isn't great probably never will be, but his D is not holding us back. It's not the one piece we need to be great. News flash we're great right now. We're #3 in the country and teams aren't even really giving us much of game. There really isn't much Iowa needs to change from that recipe. Now, I know we'll lose some games... and I know there will be things I want to change from a fan prospective. I save that kind of discussion for when it's needed. Right now, I aint worried about shit.
I'm with ya and is where I'm actually at right now. If there ever was a years where I'm not really worried about Iowa's D or lack of D, it's this year. Iowa scores a lot and puts so much pressure on the other team. Iowa's points per possession so far must be outstanding. I may have bought into Fran's thinking that they just have to score more. There are times that when the player realizes he's beat he'll just let the guy go and give up points. They know they will get them back. They don't get into foul trouble, at least to this point. They'd rather give up the 2 pts than take a foul.

I easily see Connor coaching after he's done playing. He's got his dad's fire, and he's obviously knowledgeable. Doesn't hurt having been a starter at the highest collegiate level and having a dad who was a successful, high-level coach to learn from.

So...

Do we keep Connor on as a GA after he's done, then an assistant, then in 8 years when Fran's ready to retire give Connor the keys for the next 30 years?

Hmmm.......
Hahaha mmm McCaffrentzes here forever!

I love this board.

Yea, the game still has to slow down for him a bit more. When that happens, look out, especially with all of Iowa's shooters.

He also has a little edge to him that I like. A little cockyness along with a little attitude like Connor at times. Good stuff.
No doubt. It's not just about hitting the shots as I alluded to either. It's also just making the right basketball play. There's time CM makes the wrong play by passing up shots because he's not confident in taking it. That is what can hurt us just as much as him taking it and missing it. I'm big on being in flow of the game. It affects not just him but the team too.

Latest posts