Jack Nunge

I read a post of someone reading about Jack taking an official visit in September. 9/10 if I remember correctly.

I read a post of someone reading about Jack taking an official visit in September. 9/10 if I remember correctly.
I rechecked the board I read it on and it said Sept. 10, but the poster might not of known what they were talking about. He looks like a great player.

I rechecked the board I read it on and it said Sept. 10, but the poster might not of known what they were talking about. He looks like a great player.

Rivals has his official visit to Iowa on Sept. 9, 2016. He said he was high on Iowa, so maybe a commitment will be coming soon.

I'd rather have Garza if I had the choice but I'd be happy with Nunge
He looks like he would be a complete player after a year on the weights. They were talking about Kriener redshirting. I don't know if Nunge would want to or if the coaching staff would redshirt him, but I can see him being a valuable asset to the Iowa program.

I just read where Jack Nunge and Luka Garza are going to be at Iowa this weekend. Ed Chang a 2018 recruit from Nebraska is also expected.

I just read where Jack Nunge and Luka Garza are going to be at Iowa this weekend. Ed Chang a 2018 recruit from Nebraska is also expected.

That's interesting we're having them both coming on the same weekend. I don't think we can take both so might be the first to commit type of deal. I hope it's Garza but I'd be happy with either

That's interesting we're having them both coming on the same weekend. I don't think we can take both so might be the first to commit type of deal. I hope it's Garza but I'd be happy with either
Its being reported that Luka Garza cancelled his visit to Georgia and is expected to commit to Iowa this weekend. I would love to see Iowa get Garza and Nunge, but I'd hate to see one of the players leave too.

Its being reported that Luka Garza cancelled his visit to Georgia and is expected to commit to Iowa this weekend. I would love to see Iowa get Garza and Nunge, but I'd hate to see one of the players leave too.

Great news on Garza! If we take Nunge that means two players are leaving or one is leaving and Connor is walking on correct?

Great news on Garza! If we take Nunge that means two players are leaving or one is leaving and Connor is walking on correct?

Howe + Kakert said they would accept both Nunge and Garza commitments. There's one open scholly as of now.

Here are the scenarios
a. Connor would walk on hoops and take a baseball scholarship
b. Connor doesn't end up playing basketball and focuses on baseball full time--taking a baseball scholarship.
c. Doesn't take a scholarship from baseball and gets an educational scholarship and players both sports or just 1.
d. Fran pays the way and he doesn't get any type of scholarship his first year and plays both sports or just 1.

If both Nunge and Garza commit, the expectation is that one player currently in the program will transfer at the end of this season which has been the case the past few years.

I think after this article, the expectation is that Connor will not be taking a hoops scholarship. http://hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/connor-mccaffery-play-baseball-iowa-open-walking-hoops

Last edited:
Kakert said they would accept both Nunge and Garza commitments. There's one open scholly as of now.

Here are the scenarios
a. Connor would walk on hoops and take a baseball scholarship
b. Connor doesn't end up playing basketball and focuses on baseball full time with a baseball scholarship.
c. Doesn't take a scholarship from baseball and gets an educational scholarship and players both sports or just 1.
d. Fran pays the way and he doesn't get any type of scholarship his first year and plays both sports or just 1.

If both Nunge and Garza commit, the expectation is that one player currently in the program will transfer at the end of this season which has been the case in past few years.

I think after this article, the expectation is that Connor will not be taking a hoops scholarship. http://hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/connor-mccaffery-play-baseball-iowa-open-walking-hoops

Crazy. I would love to see both commit to Iowa!

It could be that Iowa is considering Cook as turning pro after his freshman year. Anyway, I think one site is predicting Nunge as 100% going to Vanderbuilt.

I would guess Jones is moving on after this year. Look at the recently published team picture. Jok and Jones are right up front holding basketballs. It makes sense that you give the outgoing Seniors this spot in the picture.

Latest posts