Jack Nunge

I'm not saying it's impossible Jones moves on, however, why bother to apply for a sixth year unless the plan is to use it? I guess it could depend on what type of role he has this season. If he's a role player, maybe he will want to move on to other things or even do a graduate transfer to a school where he could start. Then again, he may be a starter her next year in which case him moving on wouldn't make much sense.

I'm not saying it's impossible Jones moves on, however, why bother to apply for a sixth year unless the plan is to use it? I guess it could depend on what type of role he has this season. If he's a role player, maybe he will want to move on to other things or even do a graduate transfer to a school where he could start. Then again, he may be a starter her next year in which case him moving on wouldn't make much sense.
You apply to have all the red tape taken care of and actually know if you have been approved for a 6th year. Then Fran sees who he can get to committ. If he gets someone to take Jones' scholarship, then Jones moves on. If Fran can't get someone he wants, you keep Jones. I'm not saying this is what will happen but it's a possibility.

My guess would be this is Dale's last year. Purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fran and Dale have met on the subject and both parties have a mutual understanding of the situation and what's best for both parties. By no means do I expect Fran to just run off another player without an agreement between the player and coaches. That would not fly for the majority of our fans and would be bad PR for future recruiting.

My guess would be this is Dale's last year. Purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fran and Dale have met on the subject and both parties have a mutual understanding of the situation and what's best for both parties. By no means do I expect Fran to just run off another player without an agreement between the player and coaches. That would not fly for the majority of our fans and would be bad PR for future recruiting.

If Fran thinks Jones can play, your scenario won't happen. Thing is, nobody knows for sure whether he can because we didn't get to see him enough last year.

If Fran thinks Jones can play, your scenario won't happen. Thing is, nobody knows for sure whether he can because we didn't get to see him enough last year.

Agreed. If anybody knows how Jones has recovered, it would be Fran. If he is healthy and shows he can be a solid contributor he'll get another year. If he struggles to get back in shape etc. he could walk away with a degree in hand and a bright future.

Iowa is not the type of program to end scholarships on a player even if he/she gets hurt. The only way Jones goes any where is if he wants to leave after this season.

If both recruits want to commit to Iowa it means Fran is going to pay his son's way. If that is the case then Fran is doing the right thing. I know some on here think a different way about that and that is fine. The cost of Fran's son attending Iowa is pocket change for Fran plus I believe his son will get a significant break on the cost because Fran is an employee of the University of Iowa.

Garza is going to be a tough player in the conference after a year on the weights. His high school coach says he needs to get stronger, but Iowa is going to have plenty of muscle down low by the time he gets to Iowa.

Iowa is not the type of program to end scholarships on a player even if he/she gets hurt. The only way Jones goes any where is if he wants to leave after this season.

If both recruits want to commit to Iowa it means Fran is going to pay his son's way. If that is the case then Fran is doing the right thing. I know some on here think a different way about that and that is fine. The cost of Fran's son attending Iowa is pocket change for Fran plus I believe his son will get a significant break on the cost because Fran is an employee of the University of Iowa.

With Jok being the lone senior and 12 other scholarship players on the roster, only one scholarship is available. If Nunge also commits that would make 15. If Fran pays his sons way, that number is still at 14, one over the limit. Like you said, Iowa isn't the type of program to run players off. Therefore, my only logical conclusion would be Fran and Dale must have a mutual understanding that this could be his last year. Why else would the staff come out and say they would take both if they committed?

With Jok being the lone senior and 12 other scholarship players on the roster, only one scholarship is available. If Nunge also commits that would make 15. If Fran pays his sons way, that number is still at 14, one over the limit. Like you said, Iowa isn't the type of program to run players off. Therefore, my only logical conclusion would be Fran and Dale must have a mutual understanding that this could be his last year. Why else would the staff come out and say they would take both if they committed?

This logic is sound, and it was I tend to think. This doesn't make it true, but the logic makes total sense.

I have been saying for awhile don't count on anything from Dale as he is recovering from him 2nd major surgery and will be 1 year removed from it in Dec.

This logic is sound, and it was I tend to think. This doesn't make it true, but the logic makes total sense.

I have been saying for awhile don't count on anything from Dale as he is recovering from him 2nd major surgery and will be 1 year removed from it in Dec.

You both may be right. Maybe the recovery isn't going to well.

Nunge just committed!! Go Hawks!

Yep I Read about that earlier today. All that I have read about him is interesting. One article even suggested this is Fran's biggest recruit since he has been at Iowa. That left me scratching my head because Cook looks pretty damn good.

Yep I Read about that earlier today. All that I have read about him is interesting. One article even suggested this is Fran's biggest recruit since he has been at Iowa. That left me scratching my head because Cook looks pretty damn good.

Yeah, Nunge isn't even one of his top 3 recruits.

1) Woody - he changed the dynamics as he turned down the blue bloods for Fran
2) Cook - Loads of offers and Fran recruited him for years to beat out the others
3) Gesell - Top 100 kid and picked Iowa when they were down

I don't see why you would tell a 6'9 guy who can shoot in the 40% range from 3 to just hit the trail.

My guess:
1. Connor walks on
2. Someone transfers

Latest posts