J Uthoff

The guy who’s had the highest post season honor of any Fran era Iowa player to date, went to the tournament all three years at Iowa is not in Fran’s Iowa Mount Rushmore according to the Hawkeye Nation message board.

Been busy the last few weeks. You serious? He's the lone all american in the last 20+ years. Until this season of course. I would think JU and Garza would be 2 locks to be on it. Then probably Marble and White. Maybe Jok but his defense brings him down for me. Same thing for JBo. I'd probably say those 2 are the alternates. I loved me some Matt Gatens as well but he only had 1 year of Fran.

Back on topic, good for JU. I still think he's the best NBA fit for a player Fran has coached at Iowa. He's what you want as a role player 4 man in today's NBA. He's got a good wingspan and faceup game and defends rather well. I swear he had more blocks on jump shots than anyone I've seen in a Hawkeye uniform.

I see JU was on the bench last night in a home loss to the Kings and didn't get into the game. The Grizz play the Lakers at home tonight in the second of a back to back and Lebron is questionable with a groin injury so we'll see if JU gets in tonight. I see Jaren Jackson Jr didn't suit up last night so maybe that's why they singed Jarrod.

The Grizz have the 8th spot in the Western conference if the playoffs were to start now but they have several teams breathing down their neck so winning is important.

The Grizz have been watching JU all year with the Hustle so they should have a good idea of what he brings to the team. Usually a second 10 day contract gets signed and then the players has to be signed for the rest of the year or waived, which is usually what happens and what happened to Tyler Cook. So let's hope JU gets some minutes to show his stuff.

Been busy the last few weeks. You serious? He's the lone all american in the last 20+ years. Until this season of course. I would think JU and Garza would be 2 locks to be on it. Then probably Marble and White. Maybe Jok but his defense brings him down for me. Same thing for JBo. I'd probably say those 2 are the alternates. I loved me some Matt Gatens as well but he only had 1 year of Fran.

Back on topic, good for JU. I still think he's the best NBA fit for a player Fran has coached at Iowa. He's what you want as a role player 4 man in today's NBA. He's got a good wingspan and faceup game and defends rather well. I swear he had more blocks on jump shots than anyone I've seen in a Hawkeye uniform.
Someone made a poll and JU was 5th in votes received. I have no idea who wouldn’t include him so yes I was as shocked as anyone. You should be able to find the thread.

JU sw his first game action in a road win over Atlanta. He played 3 minutes and didn't have one stat on his stat line other than the team was +3 in his 3 minutes on the court.

Hey, he's got to start somewhere.................

JU scored his first points for the Grizz Friday night in a loss. He only played 4 minutes, probably mop up duty, but scored 4 points.

Who is Jontay Porter you might ask? He is 6'10" 20 year old who played at Mizzou, was a projected lottery pick until he tore his ACL and went undrafted. He is the younger brother of Michael Porter of the Denver Nuggets. The team option likely means he can be waived if it doesn't work out.

That doesn't mean much for JU but, hey, he got a nice pay increase for two weeks.

Im sure it’s frustrating to him to not stick on a team that he believes he’s good enough to be on, but it beats working. He’s young enough. Make a little money and enjoy it.

Good for Jarrod, let's hope he gets picked up by somebody in the coming shortened season in the NBA.

Couldn't Uthoff make alot more playing Europe for one of their top teams. I know the dream is the NBA, but playing in Europe has to be better than sitting on the bench for an NBA team.

I keep thinking that with JU getting 1st Team G League and with the guys that are opting out of the restart NBA season that he might get a shot. But I haven't seen anything yet.

Jarrod has done just about all he can in the states to make it into the NBA. If it doesn't happen soon, and he can make more money overseas, I would go for it.

Latest posts