J Uthoff

EQb48ZbWsAIUPEZ

lol poor Josh Jackson. Dude had some monster games for the Suns with Booker out, and now relegated to the G-league.
It's such a fine line... And then do you go overseas for more $ or hang around the Gleague and hope you get another shot. It'd be frustrating to be on the fringe without a home. Especially when you're plenty good enough

It's such a fine line... And then do you go overseas for more $ or hang around the Gleague and hope you get another shot. It'd be frustrating to be on the fringe without a home. Especially when you're plenty good enough

Yep. Plus theres so much talent coming into the NBA every single year and very limited spots.

At some point you'd think Uthoff would just start chasing the overseas money. He could be crushing it overseas right now and for the next several years. Hard to tell a kid to give up on their dream though.

Josh Jackson is making like $7M this year. That's some nice change for playing in the G league lol. The Grizzlies did decline his 4th year team option, so he'll be a free agent after this year after having made about $18 mil before taxes on his rookie deal. He's still pretty set for life if he doesn't stupidly blow it.

I did a quick search and it appears he's back with the Grizzlies as of the end of January. Still posting super inefficient numbers.

I looked up the net worth of Jared Uthoff. It was listed at between $100,000 and $1,000,000. If he had a thicker built he probably would be making a lot of money in the NBA.

Yep. Plus theres so much talent coming into the NBA every single year and very limited spots.

At some point you'd think Uthoff would just start chasing the overseas money. He could be crushing it overseas right now and for the next several years. Hard to tell a kid to give up on their dream though.
Yeah plus then you weight the culture side of it all. Not everyone wants to live over there and bounce around either. Some love it for a little while others would rather not even bother since the G league is an option. It'd be tough for me to turn down 2, 3 500 plus k over there to make 50ish k here. But that's just me.

I saw JU in a post and i think it was on here at some point where he said his journey is the NBA now. He did play in Russia last year and he evidently wants to stay stateside. Being married may have something to do with that. I keep thinking someone will give him a chance. There are lots of late season injuries.

Josh Jackson did get called up to the Grizz last month. While still in Phoenix he fathered a child with a gal 78-19 years older than him. Then I think he wasn't paying up child support so she took him to court and also said he was smoking pot in front of the baby. Then he goes to a concert in Miami and tries multiple times to get into the VIP section and he eventuall got arrested by the Miami PD over the incident. That's when the Suns got rid of him. Memphis said at the time they were assigning him to the G League so he could rehab his reputation. Do you think maybe there's some immaturity being the pampered athlete?

Hannah got called up by some NBA team, forget which one but I remember it happening.

The guy who’s had the highest post season honor of any Fran era Iowa player to date, went to the tournament all three years at Iowa is not in Fran’s Iowa Mount Rushmore according to the Hawkeye Nation message board.

Nice to see him finally get the call! He's been dominating in the G league so I was hoping with the injuries Memphis has had that he'd finally get a chance.

Nice to see him finally get the call! He's been dominating in the G league so I was hoping with the injuries Memphis has had that he'd finally get a chance.
He did play in 9 NBA games for Dallas in 2016.

The 10 day contract doesn’t guarantee he will actually play either oftentimes it’s just a way to fill a roster spot for a short time period, but hopefully he will get a chance.

He did play in 9 NBA games for Dallas in 2016.

The 10 day contract doesn’t guarantee he will actually play either oftentimes it’s just a way to fill a roster spot for a short time period, but hopefully he will get a chance.

Yea hopefully they give him some run. He's better than probably half the guys currently healthy on that roster.

I was curious how much a 10 day contract is worth. Here's what I found. (2018 article) Not a bad bump for a guy playing in the G league.

Years in NBA - Cap Hit - Salary
0 $46,080 $46,080
1 $74,159 $74,159
2 $83,129 $83,129
3 $83,129 $86,119
4 $83,129 $89,109
5 $83,129 $96,584
6 $83,129 $104,059
7 $83,129 $111,534
8 $83,129 $119,010
9 $83,129 $119,602
10+ $83,129 $131,562

So a 10 day contract is worth more then an entire season in the G league? Man that's solid moola for a couple weeks of playing hoops.

Latest posts