J-Bo is the most important player on this team

He won that game for us last night. No question...i'm thrilled for him. When he's shooting like that...his value on the court is immeasurable. Like alot of us have been saying...he needs to play well against the elite point guards and teams. He doesn't have to be spectacular...just low turnovers and hit open threes. We all know the elite point guards attack him on the defensive end in man...but you can hide him in a zone somewhat...but he has to score in those games.

He was locked in with his handle and decision making last night. Indiana wore down Winston (that and the minutes played)...but Jordan held up. I've been critical of him in the big games this year...that was a great eating crow moment for me last night. I would love to see him do this every night down the stretch.

What most Iowa fans fail to realize is that if Jordan was a lock down defender, a slasher & also one of the best shooters in the country...... he wouldn't be playing at Iowa.
Maybe.But we do have Eppy Eppy's son.And JoeW has some potential. Anyway Good win huh? Go Tough Hawks...

What most Iowa fans fail to realize is that if Jordan was a lock down defender, a slasher & also one of the best shooters in the country...... he wouldn't be playing at Iowa.

He'd probably be in the NBA right now if he had all those qualities.

His defense has actually improved significantly. He can’t make himself taller but he’s improving. And I would argue defending about as well as he can. I think it helps having 2 healthy feet. The zone is he (and Garza’s) best friend IMO.

His defense has actually improved significantly. He can’t make himself taller but he’s improving. And I would argue defending about as well as he can. I think it helps having 2 healthy feet. The zone is he (and Garza’s) best friend IMO.

Agreed. His defense has really picked up the last handful of games. A lot of that has to do with playing more zone but when they do, he's been locked in on his assignment and executing at a pretty high level.

Agreed. His defense has really picked up the last handful of games. A lot of that has to do with playing more zone but when they do, he's been locked in on his assignment and executing at a pretty high level.
And they’re talking. More than once I saw guys pointing to Indiana players in the corner, etc. Enen on a FT Connor was talking to everyone...pretty sure I heard him call Dailey by name pointing out something. And Cook grabbed Gaza after his 4th foul. I don’t know what he said but body language made me think he was saying don’t worry I’ve got you.

Without him we aren't ranked and possibly not in the dance

Agree but he wouldnt be that with the real best player.

Like Ronnie Lester not being the best player to get to the F4. It was Vince. He made the shots right?

TC with out doubt is where the foundation is.

Chemistry, intangibles...call it what you want but I’m seeing it. Has anyone started a thread about the players not liking each other, wanting to transfer or not liking Fran recently?

His D is better because of better overall play and coaching decisions. He hasnt really changed.

JB was a beast. He owned the 2nd half. But that late jumper by Cook was big. JB has come through before with 3s or at the line. I can’t remember a more clutch basket by Cook...nothing but net.

Baer will be missed more than anyone realizes next year. What he has been through with the winning his first season, the tough last two seasons, and now the winning again just shows how steady he has been. In his entire career he has impacted nearly every facet of the game. He has played every non-guard position, he's rebounded, he's defended the interior and perimeter, he's made alot of clutch 3's when needed, he's basically done everything he's been needed to do. Stats wise he doesn't put a dent in the record book and he isn't elite at particularly anything but his experience, leadership, and willingness to do just about anything this staff asks him to do will be sorely missed, regardless if Cook returns or not.

He has changed/improved. If you can’t see it you’re not watching...which is likely the case.

He was hurt. What has changed is the style of play and pick up of others has reduced pressure on him as well as defensive strategy. He has always been fundamentally sound with physicsl limitations. He has always been a gamer. . Try watching a game by not watching the ball. Subtlties aren't easy to spot if you dont look.

JBo hasnt changed much. He has always been good with what he can do given limitatIons.

Put him on Duke as a 6 or 7 and you'd think he was nba bound.

Latest posts