It's the coaching

We can look at this game a dissect a of the questionable coaching decisions, but big picture, Iowa is now losing every close game to teams they shouldn't lose to. That's coaching. Bottom line. There is no defense that can be used. It's time to move on.
#bobstoopsforcoach2014 ;-)

No one can name 1 time since 2005 excluding LSU and So. Carolina, couple Penn St. games where Kirk has won a game he shouldn't. 2002 ISU game sums up his career at Iowa. Major underachievement even with NFL talent.

There are three kf guys on here that I am thinking will respond to you tomorrow. Deanvogs, section(something) and that other guy, forgot his name.

FreedComanche

And whatever they say is bs. You can't continue to defend mediocrity and coming up with excuses year after year. The facts are, he has done a lot of good at Iowa, but he is on the other side of the mountain and the avalanche is gaining a lot of momentum.

This year's team didn't look terrible, but there are a few things missing, but hey isn't KF the guy that is responsible for ultimately recruiting those guys that are missing?

He needed to overhaul the staff years ago and didn't, he is stubborn and is making himself look bad because of it. He hasn't had a great recruiting class since the Moeaki class and I don't see that changing anytime soon with Kelly, Hoke and Meyer poaching the areas Iowa had been doing well in. Heck he can't even get any quality players out of Penn. anymore.

We can look at this game a dissect a of the questionable coaching decisions, but big picture, Iowa is now losing every close game to teams they shouldn't lose to. That's coaching. Bottom line. There is no defense that can be used. It's time to move on.
#bobstoopsforcoach2014 ;-)
It's true, but what are we as fans supposed to to until he's bought out (which will be at least two more years)? I am quickly becoming frustrated.

FreedComanche

Powell got behind their D on every go route. Every f'n one. How's he not starting again? #kurtgregfail

No one can name 1 time since 2005 excluding LSU and So. Carolina, couple Penn St. games where Kirk has won a game he shouldn't. 2002 ISU game sums up his career at Iowa. Major underachievement even with NFL talent.

A few over achieving years got him his money. Consistent underachievement is what needs to cost him his job.

And whatever they say is bs. You can't continue to defend mediocrity and coming up with excuses year after year. The facts are, he has done a lot of good at Iowa, but he is on the other side of the mountain and the avalanche is gaining a lot of momentum.
Where were you guys when it was just myself and Ooth fighting the kf defenders by ourselves? lol

FreedComanche

I agree. Its hard to get much fire though when your coach stands up after the game and talks about how the credit should go to other team for winning the game and making some plays.
I am tired of him not taking any responsibility for his boneheaded coaching mistakes and his playing of older "smarter" players as opposed to playmakers. I dont care if the playmakers make bad reads or whatever I care that they can make some plays. As opposed to this he was in the right spot but didnt execute crap. Safety is a glaring problem right now in my eyes.
The problem is this team doesn't have enough of those playmakers you are looking for. This is what happens when a good chunk of your recruits have only MAC-level offers or worse.

Powell got behind their D on every go route. Every f'n one. How's he not starting again? #kurtgregfail

The problem is this team doesn't have enough of those playmakers you are looking for. This is what happens when a good chunk of your recruits have only MAC-level offers or worse.

I agree to some extent. But when you do have playmakers, few as they may be, they need to see the field. Powell and Law are two.

I disagree. We leave our playmakers on the bench so we can play guys like Don Shumpert. Damon Powell played 4 plays and beat his man each time. Cotton got behind the defense again and made the catch. Canzeri played 4 plays and little if any in the second half. When he did play we did not get him in space where he is very effective. These three played a fraction of the plays of Shumpert's 1 catch 2 yards performance with a huge face mask drop on 3rd down.

I could go on about others but why? We are not playing our best 22.

Where were you guys when it was just myself and Ooth fighting the kf defenders by ourselves? lol

FreedComanche

Well, a lot of folks know I am not exactly an Iowa football fan, but I still follow them as I grew up in Iowa and detest ISU, so it still just works.

I don't go over the top in my criticism of KF because it just kind of seems like the supporters go out of their way to try and get folks banned, so not worth it.

Also, I chime in now and then, but it kind of defeats the purpose because of the contract, but the problem is really, they just need to get rid of him before the Iowa job becomes a reclamation project.

You're dumb for saying NIU has better talent.

But I'll play along. Let's say you're right. What logic would you use to pay someone 4 million to recruit talent that can't beat the Central Michigan's of the college world?

Everything that happens eventually comes back to the coaches. Especially the Head Coach.

I would be happy if we just asked him not to show up for any more football functions.

Let's turn this over to the best and most passionate assistant on the staff that can motivate, evaluate personnel and hold players accountable for on the field performance. We might actually win some games instead of constantly 'cleaning up a few things' but repeating the same outcome. 4 million bucks does not buy much these days.

Well, a lot of folks know I am not exactly an Iowa football fan, but I still follow them as I grew up in Iowa and detest ISU, so it still just works.

I don't go over the top in my criticism of KF because it just kind of seems like the supporters go out of their way to try and get folks banned, so not worth it.

Also, I chime in now and then, but it kind of defeats the purpose because of the contract, but the problem is really, they just need to get rid of him before the Iowa job becomes a reclamation project.

They can go ahead and try to ban me. Everything I've said, while dripping in sarcastic ridicule, is true.

If these coaches were lawyers they'd be disbarred. If they were doctors they'd lose their licenses. If they were congressmen they'd vote themselves a raise. But I digress.

They can go ahead and try to ban me. Everything I've said, while dripping in sarcastic ridicule, is true.

If these coaches were lawyers they'd be disbarred. If they were doctors they'd lose their licenses. If they were congressmen they'd vote themselves a raise. But I digress.

End with 'respectively' and all is forgiven.

Latest posts