It's the coaching

I hate to say it tobut I think its time for a coaching change to be honest with you I think it should have been done at the end of the season I was hoping to see some improvement from last year But it look like the same team from last season what is everybody else's opinion I would like to hear

Iowa looked like a better team this year than last year for one particular reason...the QB did not have the deer in the headlight look although, after he got hit and the first INT took place he didn't look the same.

One thing that Iowa did do was throw down the field more, but something I don't get, they have a slew of really good TE's. Why don't they utilize those guys in sets for running and passing. The FB is all but gone at some levels of football, you don't have to have one, put your best players or play makers on the field at all times.

Iowa is not bad, they had to replace some guys on the o-line, their defense wasn't terrible, but the secondary was not good, which made the d look far worse than they are as a unit. One glaring weakness though makes others looks far worse. The LB's looked really good and the DL still has issues in the pass rush...does Iowa have any 6-2, 220lb athletes they can bring in an just put on the edge and say go get the QB?

The other thing that stood out to me was the fact that Iowa couldn't get off the field when it was a short yardage situation on defense.

They keep losing in the same manner. They get a small lead and take the foot off the gas (or go away from what's working) and then end up losing. That's coaching. Also, it pisses me off that playing in Kinnick is no longer an advantage for Iowa.

Very bad throw but you simply don't call that play in that situation. The game was tied.

The upside was modest, the downside is you lose the game. It wasn't even a good "let's be aggressive" call - throw long and a pickoff probably sends you to OT. The math here was simple, and they failed the test.

It's brazen coaching malpractice. Fireable offense.

Iowa looked like a better team this year than last year for one particular reason...the QB did not have the deer in the headlight look although, after he got hit and the first INT took place he didn't look the same.

One thing that Iowa did do was throw down the field more, but something I don't get, they have a slew of really good TE's. Why don't they utilize those guys in sets for running and passing. The FB is all but gone at some levels of football, you don't have to have one, put your best players or play makers on the field at all times.

Iowa is not bad, they had to replace some guys on the o-line, their defense wasn't terrible, but the secondary was not good, which made the d look far worse than they are as a unit. One glaring weakness though makes others looks far worse. The LB's looked really good and the DL still has issues in the pass rush...does Iowa have any 6-2, 220lb athletes they can bring in an just put on the edge and say go get the QB?

The other thing that stood out to me was the fact that Iowa couldn't get off the field when it was a short yardage situation on defense.

The in game coaching sucks. It's not a complicated answer but it is the correct one.

They keep losing in the same manner. They get a small lead and take the foot off the gas (or go away from what's working) and then end up losing.

This is kf's M.O. And he has proven time and time again he will not change his philosophy even if he changes coordinators. But kf is going to be here for at least a few more years, so I am trying to find the good in the program this season.

FreedComanche

They keep losing in the same manner. They get a small lead and take the foot off the gas (or go away from what's working) and then end up losing. That's coaching. Also, it pisses me off that playing in Kinnick is no longer an advantage for Iowa.

What gas do they have their foot on to begin with?

Chomp gum fail scribble on tablet fail fake punt fail scribble on tablet chomp chomp scribble chomp oh hai horrible interception LOSE k thx bai

Exactly and until they play with that type of urgency, every week looks the same.

I agree. Its hard to get much fire though when your coach stands up after the game and talks about how the credit should go to other team for winning the game and making some plays.
I am tired of him not taking any responsibility for his boneheaded coaching mistakes and his playing of older "smarter" players as opposed to playmakers. I dont care if the playmakers make bad reads or whatever I care that they can make some plays. As opposed to this he was in the right spot but didnt execute crap. Safety is a glaring problem right now in my eyes.

I guess things must be bad when the kf defenders don't even respond to your anti-kf rants. LOL

FreedComanche

Truth hurts, but what argument can be used at this point? Honestly, Iowa is going to just have to pony up and drop the guy, said this a few years ago, he has done a lot of good at Iowa, but the next coach is going to walk into just as bad a program, or worse as KF did when he was hired.

I agree. Its hard to get much fire though when your coach stands up after the game and talks about how the credit should go to other team for winning the game and making some plays.
I am tired of him not taking any responsibility for his boneheaded coaching mistakes and his playing of older "smarter" players as opposed to playmakers. I dont care if the playmakers make bad reads or whatever I care that they can make some plays. As opposed to this he was in the right spot but didnt execute crap. Safety is a glaring problem right now in my eyes.

Powell got behind their D on every go route. Every f'n one. How's he not starting again? #kurtgregfail

Truth hurts, but what argument can be used at this point? Honestly, Iowa is going to just have to pony up and drop the guy, said this a few years ago, he has done a lot of good at Iowa, but the next coach is going to walk into just as bad a program, or worse as KF did when he was hired.

This program Fry left is going to look Alabamaesque talent wise versus this dumpster fire he is leaving behind. I want it to go down so bad that all people hate Kirk when he leaves and our next hire better be someone with the killer instinct of Denny Ericson, Jackie Sherril, Howard Schnellenberger, Pete Carroll, Barry Switzer, Ron Meyer, Urban Meyer, etc.

This program Fry left is going to look Alabamaesque talent wise versus this dumpster fire he is leaving behind. I want it to go down so bad that all people hate Kirk when he leaves and our next hire better be someone with the killer instinct of Denny Ericson, Jackie Sherril, Howard Schnellenberger, Pete Carroll, Barry Switzer, Ron Meyer, Urban Meyer, etc.

Let him coach out his contract and Iowa will be worse than Indiana at their worst days. They will need the football coach version of Fran when that plane goes down in flames.

Latest posts