It's the coaching

Herkyalert

Banned
This team was not ready to play today. There were bad penalties, blown coverages on defense, and a fake punt everyone saw coming. Throw in some questionable play calls where Iowa should have probably been running it and there you have it.

Northern Illinois was down to their 3rd string RB, and their best WR was out. There is no excuse Iowa should not have won this game. None.

Hindenburg-disaster.jpg

It is the coaching. Barta needs to call Kurt into the office tomorrow and 'splain some things Alford and Lackluster style. If Kurt can't show improvement immediately, bring in the movers.

Looks like it is going to be a long season. No excuse for this. And yeah, I think coaching is a big part of the problem.

[video=youtube;0Ad9tholMEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0Ad9tholMEM#t=19[/video]

No reason why Iowa didn't run more on that last series. Iowa d-line is bigger and stronger than Northern Illinois d-line and Weisman and Bullock are a two headed monster. Plus you have a young QB and you put him in that position? Yeah the throw was bad but it's his first D-1 game. Use what you know works and that's the running attack.

well - show up and the team craps the pants in the first qtr - and some life in the 2nd, and then nothing!!!!! what a bad job!!!!!

the only good thing is that I'm pretty used to this now so It's only a vague since of dread instead of a sharp knife of anguish.

Pretty much getting used to it.

Also, I've never one to bag on Ferentz and his salary, but results like this are a terrible ROI. Losing to teams like this are the reason why has people like Ross P de-commit. The culture has become a losing one in Iowa City and that isn't going to get talent here. The days of 2002-2004 are long gone and that's what got Ferentz his paycheck.

Now we are seeing a slow slide ever since 2008.

Kirk has this year and one more pretty much - which id be fibbing if I said didn't produce a whole lot of hope for me.

Kirk has this year and one more pretty much - which id be fibbing if I said didn't produce a whole lot of hope for me.
Unless they win 3 games or less I agree. His buyout is just too big.

It's just painful when they staff gets a overhaul in the last two years but things don't get better.

I don't dislike Ferentz or think he forgot how to coach, I just think that something is seriously wrong within the program. I wasn't a fan of the Greg Davis hire and I think he's just as much a part of the problem as anything else.

Also, I've never one to bag on Ferentz and his salary, but results like this are a terrible ROI. Losing to teams like this are the reason why has people like Ross P de-commit. The culture has become a losing one in Iowa City and that isn't going to get talent here. The days of 2002-2004 are long gone and that's what got Ferentz his paycheck.

yeah im not much to talk about salaries .... however at home your million dollar coach should beat a MAC school... that's not a good investment.

i'm not happy regardless of some dollar amount - i don't pay into it (i do not pay his salary) - but the team iowa lost to today - was not that good! imo - they are a 1 win bigteam

Latest posts