Its official - Jaleel is visiting MSU

I think some people should take a break from following recruiting until signing day has past. They will give themselves ulcers over the smallest development. "I heard Johnson went to the bathroom and was whistling something that sounded like MSU's fight song. Our program is doomed and KF has lost all touch with reality!"

Can it be confirmed if he ate corn? Honestly, you checked out the thread like everyone else, so don't turn around and act like you're not interested. Will he, won't he. Well damnit I wanna know.

Enough to type he is not interested, what a conundrum.

No conundrum at all. I know how much time, energy and heart coaches put forth to land a recruit. I also know it can be a life changing decision for a young man. They should use every resource and tool to make the correct decision. Twitter isn't one of those resources. I understand why KF bans social media and I hope it continues. I don't think making posts on Twitter and getting your ego stroked by a bunch of loosers from Iowa and Michigan State is resourceful or useful.

I still buy into the old Iowa Football adage: That hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Give me the quiet guy in the corner who wants to bust his a-- and succeed, rather then someone playing games and asking a bunch of idiots on Twitter how to proceed in my life.

Hopefully he's a just a young man playing games with a bunch of pawns like some of you. For the young man's sake I think he has a much better chance with long term success in life with a man like KF then Dantonia ,and that first step with Kirk will be shutting off the Twitter.

Funny how everyone is preparing for the worst by bashing the kid with "immature" and "he's not Iowa's style". Please, it would be great if he comes to Iowa, but don't act like the reason he won't come is because he doesn't fit Iowa's style.

Troy Hyde just tweeted this
Good news on the recruiting trail today is that four-star commit Jaleel Johnson is back to be solid for Iowa.

Can it be confirmed if he ate corn? Honestly, you checked out the thread like everyone else, so don't turn around and act like you're not interested. Will he, won't he. Well damnit I wanna know.

Yes I want him to come to Iowa. Will I lose sleep worrying abou it? No. If he doesn't come, I'm sure he has his reasons. I am simply saying that some people are a little too obsessed over a desicion they have no control over.

Funny how everyone is preparing for the worst by bashing the kid with "immature" and "he's not Iowa's style". Please, it would be great if he comes to Iowa, but don't act like the reason he won't come is because he doesn't fit Iowa's style.

Hawkfarmer, I always enjoy your posts and I'm not preparing for anything in regards to who he committs too. As, I stated earlier I think it would be a wise decision for the young man to select Iowa, and that includes a lot more reasons than just football. If my son was a D1 football player I would feel he is in great hands with KF. I will disagree with you in regards to Iowa style, I still believe in it.

just an FYI. We have a new Facebook status to completely obsess over. "Signing day is a week away! Then I'll officially become a Hawkeye!!"

Last edited:
Hey jaleel...remember the last recruit that switched to msu?....I do believe he had a career ending injury. Just saying...the god may hate iowa runningbacks but he also hates iowa recruits that switch to msu. I bet ya that lineman from valley wishes he woulda stayed a hawk.

just an FYI. We have a new Facebook status to completely obsess over. "Signing day is a week away! Then I'll officially become a Hawkeye!!"

You beat me to it; I think Iowa is where his heart is, and he's received enough advice from the Twitternet and Facebookwebz to do what he feels is best for him, not what others think.

If he becomes a Hawkeye, great. If not, won't lose sleep over it; in that case it probably was not meant to be.

Hawkfarmer, I always enjoy your posts and I'm not preparing for anything in regards to who he committs too. As, I stated earlier I think it would be a wise decision for the young man to select Iowa, and that includes a lot more reasons than just football. If my son was a D1 football player I would feel he is in great hands with KF. I will disagree with you in regards to Iowa style, I still believe in it.

I agree with you 100%. I prefer the way iowa plays to the way Ok St. plays etc. I was pointing out that people were already making excuses for him not coming to Iowa when he is still likely headed to iowa in my opinion.

You beat me to it; I think Iowa is where his heart is, and he's received enough advice from the Twitternet and Facebookwebz to do what he feels is best for him, not what others think.

If he becomes a Hawkeye, great. If not, won't lose sleep over it; in that case it probably was not meant to be.

Double you tea eff?

According to his latest tweets, he stated "less than one week and I'll be a Hawkeye!"
seems to be leaning our way correct???

Does not compute

Friends and fans (many Iowa) have tweeted or posted on his FB wall to, in effect, do what he thinks is best for him, not what others tell him to do. Looks like some in his family (possibly an aunt) have wanted him to become a Spartan.

Latest posts