Its comforting to find a little common sense regarding ISU/Expansion

For once I agree with you. As of right now, take out Michigan State, the MWC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 is in basketball. You add ISU, KSU and KU, would be one of the best if not the best basketball conferences in the country. As for football it would not be too bad either, as good as a new Big 10, no, a new PAC 10, no, a new SEC no, but 4th.

I'm guessing any conference that the clowns are in is going to be better than the big 10. from your and fellow clownies' perspective anyway.

There's a lot of rivalry smack being thrown about...some of it is vitriol but most is just tweeking the other side...but make no mistake, if Iowa was in the same situation, it would make Cyclone fans' millennium and the blow back would be 10x what Hawk fans are spouting...and most of it would be heartfelt, not rivalry trash talking.[/QUOTE

This is 100% accurate.

I have been warned on cyclone fanatic for my posts on THIS site. I could be the first person ever banned for posting stuff on a site other than the site I was warned on. I am very polite and cordial over there...however their mods read this board and have given me warning.

LOL...they should be honest and rename it Cyclone Frenetic.

My bravado remains unchanged. ISU is a great athletic program and will emerge from all this in a great position...in a BCS conference. That may be a modified Big 12 or a new Mountain West that is BCS qualified. Either way, ISU remains a BCS school.

As someone who has always rooted for Iowa when they aren't playing ISU, I've never harbored any ill-will towards the Hawks. I just find it amusing to see some on this site DESPERATELY hoping for a bad outcome for ISU. Its actually a bit pathetic to see such petty jealousy and bitterness from fellow Iowans towards a fellow state institution. Sad.

At one time I cheered for both teams until an unpleasant experience at which time I said I would never cheer for the clowns again... AND I haven't.

I am not unreasonable. I am an Iowa fan that REALLY REALLY doesn't care what happens to the clowns and wishes the worst upon them... I really would like to see them to drop a division.

What is bad for the clowns is good for the Hawks. It is as easy as that.

But hey, that's just me...

My bravado remains unchanged. ISU is a great athletic program and will emerge from all this in a great position...in a BCS conference. That may be a modified Big 12 or a new Mountain West that is BCS qualified. Either way, ISU remains a BCS school.

As someone who has always rooted for Iowa when they aren't playing ISU, I've never harbored any ill-will towards the Hawks. I just find it amusing to see some on this site DESPERATELY hoping for a bad outcome for ISU. Its actually a bit pathetic to see such petty jealousy and bitterness from fellow Iowans towards a fellow state institution. Sad.

1. I can't believe you have the "sack" to say ISU is a great athletic program. Come back down to reality, dumba**. It's not just the Hawkeye fans that make fun of ISU....it's the college football world. Wake up.

2. Petty jealousy???? Why the hell would Hawkeye fans be jealous of ISU? What have you done in your existence of college athletics to make any college athletic program jealous??? Your timeout in Fantasy Land just ended. You're the Iowa State Cyclones for God's sake.....'nuff said.

You should attend both Iowa and Iowa State games if you want something "SAD" At Iowa games when they announce the Iowa State score you hear cheering when Iowa State has the lead and almost nothing when they are behind. At Iowa State games when they announce the score the place goes wild with cheering when Iowa trails and it does the same when they are ahead only this time its boos. That is what is really SAD.

Iowa and ISU fans are basically the same. ISU fans would absolutely mock Iowa if the shoe were on the other foot, just like a few of my fellow Hawk fans are doing now.

I agree. They are EXACTLY the same.

And I have attended games at both venues...and in fact am an alumni of the University of Iowa.

They don't announce the ISU game score in kinnick anymore. It goes up on the Jumbotron.

However I did hear 70000 people laugh in unison when ISU was losing to UNI a few years back.

I know for fact that when the Iowa score becomes known at Trice that there is a boo when Iowa is winning and a huge cheer (louder than any other cheer at a given game) when Iowa is losing.

Like I said they are the most bitterly envious fans on planet earth. You won't ever hear a clown fan admit the truth. That truth being that deep down inside they know they hang by a thread each year and they know they really don't have the funds, tradition and fanbase size to become a household name. It kills them that the larger school to the east has what they never will.

1. I can't believe you have the "sack" to say ISU is a great athletic program. Come back down to reality, dumba**. It's not just the Hawkeye fans that make fun of ISU....it's the college football world. Wake up.

2. Petty jealousy???? Why the hell would Hawkeye fans be jealous of ISU? What have you done in your existence of college athletics to make any college athletic program jealous??? Your timeout in Fantasy Land just ended. You're the Iowa State Cyclones for God's sake.....'nuff said.
The directors cup puts it 23rd in the country in front of Texas, not too bad, since Texas is nearly triple our revenue.

They don't announce the ISU game score in kinnick anymore. It goes up on the Jumbotron.

However I did hear 70000 people laugh in unison when ISU was losing to UNI a few years back.

I know for fact that when the Iowa score becomes known at Trice that there is a boo when Iowa is winning and a huge cheer (louder than any other cheer at a given game) when Iowa is losing.

Like I said they are the most bitterly envious fans on planet earth. You won't ever hear a clown fan admit the truth. That truth being that deep down inside they know they hang by a thread each year and they know they really don't have the funds, tradition and fanbase size to become a household name. It kills them that the larger school to the east has what they never will.
I have been going to football games since 1982 and there has only been one season that was true 2009.

HawksoverHoes....I was going to reply to your inane post. But given your user name, nothing I say could make you seem like any more of a dolt than your choice of that simple title already has.

For once I agree with you. As of right now, take out Michigan State, the MWC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 is in basketball. You add ISU, KSU and KU, would be one of the best if not the best basketball conferences in the country. As for football it would not be too bad either, as good as a new Big 10, no, a new PAC 10, no, a new SEC no, but 4th.

I have not seen ISU on any expansion list for the MWC other than one started by a clone fan. Papers out west fail to have ISU listed. :eek:

The directors cup puts it 23rd in the country in front of Texas, not too bad, since Texas is nearly triple our revenue.

One year does not a trend make. How many times has ISU finished higher than Iowa in the directors cup standings?

LOL...I should have known you were gonna break out the 'ole "director's cup" card. Hold on to whatever you can to make yourself believe ISU is a real player in college athletics. It's a farce and you know it. I've never seen a fan base that so delusional about how good they think they are. Wake the **** up!

HawksoverHoes....I was going to reply to your inane post. But given your user name, nothing I say could make you seem like any more of a dolt than your choice of that simple title already has.

You're not gonna reply because you know I'm right. ISU IS NOT a great athletic program and you know it. Never have been and never will be.....you don't get the athletes needed to become a GREAT athletic program.

You wonder why Hawk fans and fans around the Big 12 make fun of you ( and they do by the way...read the forums of other teams if you don't believe me).....it's the delusional bull**** that comes spewing out of the mouth of you and other Clowns like you that think ISU deserves to be considered one of the "big boys". It honestly makes ISU fans look ridiculous.

How dare people leave ISU out in the cold when it comes to conference realignment since They've done SO MUCH and bring SO MUCH to the table....yeeeaaahh, right. ISU goes 7 and 6 and all of a sudden they're the team to beat in the Big 12. ISU beats Nebraska once every 50 years and all of sudden ISU is on their level and deserve their respect. ISU beats Iowa but goes 3 and 7 the rest of the way and it's a "great season" according to Clown fans. That's the Clown way of thinking. It must be really tough to wake up everyday knowing you're a Clone....I don't know how you do it.

Last edited:
One year does not a trend make. How many times has ISU finished higher than Iowa in the directors cup standings?

Exactly.

However, you should know by now that according to the thought process of Clown fans.... one good year offsets 100 shi**y years. Whatever successful grain of salt they can pull out of their a** to cover up the decades of misery, they'll do it. That's the Cyclone way and they're proud of it!

Latest posts