Its comforting to find a little common sense regarding ISU/Expansion

What's amusing in some of these replies is a genuine belief by some that there is some sort of qualitative difference between ISU and Iowa fans. That is some serious self delusion. Proclamations that the reactions would be any different if the situations were reversed...are ludicrous. Iowa and ISU fans are identical in every way but one....that one being their teams of preference.

Even funnier is how the tone of clone posters has changed over the past couple weeks. Somehow the bravado and cockiness seems to have faded a bit.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but Cyclone Fanatic has made for some very entertaining reading over the last few days.

Even funnier is how the tone of clone posters has changed over the past couple weeks. Somehow the bravado and cockiness seems to have faded a bit.
Precisely, Cyclown Fanatic was chock full of ridicule of the big ten Network and how they relish the day it fails. Egg on face while crow is in the mouth.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but Cyclone Fanatic has made for some very entertaining reading over the last few days.
I have been warned on cyclone fanatic for my posts on THIS site. I could be the first person ever banned for posting stuff on a site other than the site I was warned on. I am very polite and cordial over there...however their mods read this board and have given me warning.

I have been warned on cyclone fanatic for my posts on THIS site. I could be the first person ever banned for posting stuff on a site other than the site I was warned on. I am very polite and cordial over there...however their mods read this board and have given me warning.

Many of them are completely insane.

I don't lurk their board...do they talk bad about me behind my back???:mad:

That is pretty freaking funny.

That's possible, but you can bet Nebraska will be a bigger presence in the state as well assuming they get the call.

Also, the MWC is a pretty good league as far as basketball is concerned, and would get exponentially better if they added KU, KSU, and ISU.

For once I agree with you. As of right now, take out Michigan State, the MWC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 is in basketball. You add ISU, KSU and KU, would be one of the best if not the best basketball conferences in the country. As for football it would not be too bad either, as good as a new Big 10, no, a new PAC 10, no, a new SEC no, but 4th.

For once I agree with you. As of right now, take out Michigan State, the MWC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 is in basketball. You add ISU, KSU and KU, would be one of the best if not the best basketball conferences in the country. As for football it would not be too bad either, as good as a new Big 10, no, a new PAC 10, no, a new SEC no, but 4th.

You guys still don't cheat enough to compete with that version of the MWC in basketball...how much did Fred make in his NBA career? He may need to kick back a little somethin' somethin' to get to KSU's and KU's level!

Dear Uniguy4cy,
Iowa State is NOT going to the big ten. Go home and take your medicine for delusional thinking. I suggest you take up fishing. I heard fishing in the fall can be comforting. I also heard you clowns will have some more free time in the Autumns very soon.
You're starting to sound like your mom now ;)

I should probably change my mind then.

I agree 100%. I have never wandered over there, just seen some links about a thred or 2 posted on an Iowa board.
It is hilarious.
I also agree the tone has changed from ISU fans. Who can blame them?
They are panicking right now but I dont think there is much cause.
If NEB and MIZZOU join the B10, the B12 will find a couple of programs to replace them with. Plucking the better programs from a smaller conf, like the MWC or MAC.
I dont see Texas allowing their kingdom to be taken away from them, just because a couple of programs leave.

The author is very knowledgable and we should take him very seriously.
"In the 2000s, Iowa won shares of three Big Ten football titles while ISU won none..."

The thing that Hlas fails to mention is that it is just not Hawkeye fans snickering at the clones. Go to Big 12 and MWC message boards, even they think ISU doesn't belong. Go to pretty much any national web site discussing this expansion and it is the same thing ISU is left out. If dealing in reality is being an jerk and clueless I guess that is just too bad. Just because most on cyclonefanatic live in fantasyland doesn't mean all Iowans have to.