It Took A Buckeyes Beat Writer To Actually Ask Kurt “The Question”

"I complimented the guys on Sunday because of the questioning, in some cases, the interrogation on Saturday that I experienced. It dawned on me coming home - as bad as today was, I could have been that guy," Ferentz said. "Had his job and act like he did. Could've been a hell of a lot worse, right?"

Legitimate, but uncomfortable questions are an 'interrogation'

Did he really say this?

Our local beat writers have zero chance asking tough "interrogating" questions or they would be out of a job.

"I complimented the guys on Sunday because of the questioning, in some cases, the interrogation on Saturday that I experienced. It dawned on me coming home - as bad as today was, I could have been that guy," Ferentz said. "Had his job and act like he did. Could've been a hell of a lot worse, right?"

Legitimate, but uncomfortable questions are an 'interrogation'
Agreed, but Kirk was making himself out to be a victim in all of this. That couldn't be further from the truth.

And then he basically goes on to disparage the guy's profession and way of making a living as beneath his standards.

Both of those are out of touch at best and scum-baggy at worst.

Agreed, but Kirk was making himself out to be a victim in all of this. That couldn't be further from the truth.

And then he basically goes on to disparage the guy's profession and way of making a living as beneath his standards.

Both of those are out of touch at best and scum-baggy at worst.
Yeah like not everyone is able to be born his son and get handed a 900k job they aren't qualified for... Kirk basically reinforced the point that Doug was making. It's such a terrible look all the way around. Kirk can't sway any public good will with any of that.

Issuing an apology. This program is pretty woke right now. As in, they really care about that image. I’ve never seen the staff so defensive and caring about the optics before in my life. I feel the outside noise is really getting to this staff. Good

I’ve often wondered why Marc Morehouse retired abruptly. O also remember that he led off the presser about racial discrimination with a pointed question to Kirk. I wondered….

He must have talked to his PR firm on Monday.
The one he hadn't been listening to much prior to that... But yeah they definitely crafted that statement for him. But then after that he did his radio deal with Dolph and 'clarified' that he was upset mostly about the tone that the guy was taking... So he half backpaddled from his statement right away because he sure didn't seem all that sorry for that part of it.

Frankly I don't care if he is or isn't. I'd rather he be more worried about improving the offense. But that isn't on his to do list. He's more worried about trying to keep Petras and his kid in their current roles without burning everything else around him down.

I’ve often wondered why Marc Morehouse retired abruptly. O also remember that he led off the presser about racial discrimination with a pointed question to Kirk. I wondered….
He did a few podcasts with Jon Miller since then. I didn't listen to them all so I'm not sure if addressed his retiring like he did but he may have.

Generally, I don’t give a damn what KF says to or about the media. Furthermore, the stuff that is being printed by our local sports writers is not much apart from what we heard recently that has caused quite a stir. Some of you may want to read what is being written and get off the old worn out bitch that the local guys always give him a pass since they are so afraid. Bull Shit.

Did KF really need to apologize for being thin-skinned? Was the media guy too thin-skinned to take it? Maybe he should apologize for being thin-skinned as well.

I have read this guy's crap for years as a Browns reporter and he's a negative whiner that's really tough to read. Such an asshole.

Did KF really need to apologize for being thin-skinned? Was the media guy too thin-skinned to take it? Maybe he should apologize for being thin-skinned as well.

I have read this guy's crap for years as a Browns reporter and he's a negative whiner that's really tough to read. Such an asshole.
Yes he did need to. He represents the university. He went beyond being irritated to personal.

Given the whole equation where he comes off like an arrogant asshole about BF and other stuff. Yes.

Yes he did need to. He represents the university. He went beyond being irritated to personal.

Given the whole equation where he comes off like an arrogant asshole about BF and other stuff. Yes.
I agree that he did, but the reporter is a total asshole and I wasn't exactly upset that KF told him off, just because I've read his crap for years and he's a total pile.

I agree that he did, but the reporter is a total asshole and I wasn't exactly upset that KF told him off, just because I've read his crap for years and he's a total pile.

Yea, I kind of wish KF didn't come out with an empty apology just to appease everyone. I kind of like the spiciness. He didn't need to apologize on my account. They are never truly genuine anyway.

F this POS,fake news, media DB asshat from Ohio. Folks want to baby these scumbag “reporters” and call them so brave for asking the tough questions. Fine, but Coaches should be able to respond anyway they want with out backlash! Heck, i wish Kirk would have told him to go eat a bag of d@&(s!
Annoying as hell when the trash media think they are GMs and head coaches

Latest posts