It Took A Buckeyes Beat Writer To Actually Ask Kurt “The Question”

Kirk first of all looks fitter than Brian for a man his age, second Kirk is never looked more uncomfortable in a press conference in his life. Kirk, for his own mental health, better look for a solution. You can just see this is upsetting him more than being questioned about his own coaching ability. This is hard to watch. Kirk knows Brian isn't up to the task. Kirk knows he is treating Brian differently than other coaches. This will not end well.
I agree, KF is feeling the heat

I feel bad for Brian if he is demoted to a position coach. The poor guy will only make four or five times more than the total average household income in Iowa.

home Northwestern
away Purdue
home Wisconsin
away Minnesota
home Nebraska

Three wins and a bowl appearance probably keeps the engine moving for the Ferentz family Machine. Must wins are Northwestern, Nebraska.....and they are going to need to steal one of those other ones.

home Northwestern. Win
Purdue. Loss (we their bitch)
Wisconsin. Win (home game)
Minnesota. Loss
Nebraska. Toss up (home Iowa lean)

He is probably hoping that the defense can hold some of the weaker offensive teams scoreless and that the offense can kick a field goal to win the games. Even at 6-6 he could rationalize why Brian deserves another year.

It was a tough question, and of course the Iowa press didn’t ask the question.
Someone from the Iowa press probably handed the OSU beat writer the question to ask for them

My biggest concern at this point is how bad the line has gotten. Kirk and Brian are both supposed to be Oline gurus.

We’ve never had great QBs or WRs but the line would always push people around.

We are undersized with bad technique which means the recruiting and coaching is bad.

I feel bad for Brian if he is demoted to a position coach. The poor guy will only make four or five times more than the total average household income in Iowa.
Love the sarcasm! He is one of many who suck at their job and still gets paid well. I dont hear him donating any of his salary to benefit others. Brian may be the first generation of entitled kids!

Love the sarcasm! He is one of many who suck at their job and still gets paid well. I dont hear him donating any of his salary to benefit others. Brian may be the first generation of entitled kids!
You just prompted a major announcement next week by the Ferentz handler's. You know those clowns comb these forums. He will make a donation to the kids hospital!

Speaking of the article and the post-game interview. Think about it. When Iowa has been at high tide, what do reporters concentrate on.... They focus on how marvelous their own team is. How strong, how .... just really good. They mention how they completely shut down the opponent.

When the smoke clears, there is an Iowa connection here somewhere. Someone also has been greasing on 11 Warriors about how bad KF is to the point it's ridiculous.

Embarrassing... yes. But is seems these guys think they need to save the Big 10 from all things Ferentz.

When this is all said and done, why did it take a non-Iowa reporter to ask a tough question? Why? Because of retribution potential.

Crazy things go on at almost any business/office. When a boss has complete control, it's a form of abuse in the tactics to keep things quiet.

Fire away at me if you want, time will tell. I'm guessing we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on many fronts. The guy stood up yesterday and on camera lied to everyone about BF.

Sit back and watch if Team Ferentz is able to close ranks on this one. I seriously doubt it.

home Northwestern
away Purdue
home Wisconsin
away Minnesota
home Nebraska

Three wins and a bowl appearance probably keeps the engine moving for the Ferentz family Machine. Must wins are Northwestern, Nebraska.....and they are going to need to steal one of those other ones.

Not a chance this team can win 3 of those 5 games!!!

W, 3 L’s, and maybe a W so they have something to build on next year! And I am on the fence about the Nebby game. The Hawks could be completely demoralized by then

"I complimented the guys on Sunday because of the questioning, in some cases, the interrogation on Saturday that I experienced. It dawned on me coming home - as bad as today was, I could have been that guy," Ferentz said. "Had his job and act like he did. Could've been a hell of a lot worse, right?"

Legitimate, but uncomfortable questions are an 'interrogation'

Last edited:

Latest posts