It may really be time for QB switch

hawkeyebob62

Stanley finally hit his "bomb", but he is just out of sync. It's time to stop the mentality of "You-Can't-Play-Two-QBs-Because-It-Means-They-Both-Suck" mentality. Maybe--just maybe--playing the next guy will give BOTH a chance to see/assess/adjust to what/where the opponent's defense is giving/vulnerable.

Thoughts?

I would not mind seeing a 2014 qb switch for a few series each game but Stanley is still an above avg qb

This is the last thing that should happen. The season is already over. Wiegers has one foot out the door. Stanley needs as many reps as possible (preferrably with the freshman WRs) to get ready for 2018.

You really think the other kid is any better? We have no playmakers. Wadley has regressed too.

I'd probably regress too if I was getting hammered up the middle 25 times a game by guys weighing 100lbs more than me.
Please teams do it all over the country. He's soft and it is showing this year. Are you saying he's getting wore out running 1 yard 25 times?

Please teams do it all over the country. He's soft and it is showing this year. Are you saying he's getting wore out running 1 yard 25 times?

Are you saying running your 195lb frame into the teeth of a defense game after game that more often than not knows you're getting the ball and where you're going to be has no effect on your performance?

Are you saying running your 195lb frame into the teeth of a defense game after game that more often than not knows you're getting the ball and where you're going to be has no effect on your performance?
It didn't seem to bother McCaffery and several hundred other backs throughout the history of the game. Hawk fans make the dumbest excuses for having average players.

I know I've said this before but KF and BF lost the team and the locker room when they named Stanley the starter over Wiegers.

Good God, can you morons PLEASE stay on topic? Dork22, just GTFO. I don't like you, I don't care about your opinion, and you breathe air I may actually need some day. The rest, just stay on point.

OK, that out of the way, I'm not sure Wiegers ahs one foot out the door. And to come in to practice Monday and be told, "The reins are yours, wortk this bitch!" might just push BOTH QBs past the point of "tentative".

Further than QB...

Next up: Fant, take a seat for a couple series. WATCH the field. Relax. YOU know you had no business dropping that ball. It happens. Now take a couple series to breathe, cheer on your teammates and remember that EVERY play is big, but NO play or series is "over" until you see our PK run onto the field. You're an all all-star. Rather than "play like one", think, "I have nothing to prove, except to remember to forget the last play in OT against NW".

After that: Phil, your D, though screwed by a non-call on the grounding, took that next play off. That can't happen. Period.

Brian: You're overcooking my grits. Mom can't bail you out until 2025. Kick it up a notch.

Ken: He may be my son, but he's YOUR responsibility.

Finally: Team, we aren't as good as I thought. It isn't personal, but we aren't perfect. EVERY play requires concentration and effort.

And to Staff: Meeting. My office. Now.

In todays college football you need more than a one dimensional qb to have any chance of being a good team. That being said we will continue to just stand back there and fire balls way off target or the short pass(aka Davis) and not move down the field. Yes this team is not very good thanks to the coaching being behind the times.

In todays college football you need more than a one dimensional qb to have any chance of being a good team. That being said we will continue to just stand back there and fire balls way off target or the short pass(aka Davis) and not move down the field. Yes this team is not very good thanks to the coaching being behind the times.

I don't think a 4 yard crossing route is enough to be considered even 1 dimensional