ISU

opening week in Ames is going to be interesting. Could be the most epic meltdown yet
Sorry care more about the meltdown the gophers are going to have. ISU is like a wart you can't get rid of...I just wish them off the schedule and let em go. They were a non opponent as I grew up. The whole cyclone/Iowa rivalry thing is a contrived situation. Nothing is at stake and two dramatically different football and fan base environments. Its like playing ping pong against the Russians...its just a waste of time for both them and us.

Sorry care more about the meltdown the gophers are going to have. ISU is like a wart you can't get rid of...I just wish them off the schedule and let em go. They were a non opponent as I grew up. The whole cyclone/Iowa rivalry thing is a contrived situation. Nothing is at stake and two dramatically different football and fan base environments. Its like playing ping pong against the Russians...its just a waste of time for both them and us.

I hear ya. But you think EIU is more likely to "upset" the Goophs, than the Bison beating the Clowns? I dunno. Minnesota will have a much better football team (likely a bowl team) than ISU.

As a Hawk fan living in the Twin Cities, having both happen might be too much to ask for. But I'd love it. There is a creeping clone presence up here. ISU aggresively recruits Minnesota high schools , they even offer a tuition break. (as a Dad of a recently graduated Sr, I've done the homework) An interesting contrast from IOWA, which enrolls a lot of kids from Chicago-land with Minnesota the next most popular state, both without financial incentives. Guess that "we have more IOWA kids by percentage, so we're really the "IOWA" school" is a convenient smokescreen for "because that's the only people who want to go here...we have to pay the rest".

Last edited:
Do not be surprised if the rhoads commemorative coin makes reference to his coin toss win % (which is damn near .500, not that he's bragging)

Not to be a downer but wouldn't it make more sense if the people in the picture were fans and not players? I mean, I appreciate a good Clone joke, but let's tighten things up.

opening week in Ames is going to be interesting. Could be the most epic meltdown yet

An epic meltdown won't really be warranted since ND St. will be the better team in that game, and is clearly better than UNI was last year. Remember these are the defending national champions who also beat a pretty decent KState team last year.

Last edited:
1403484175000-dmrdc5-6fui3kfetye17sxiwb0i-original.jpg

Hey, Paul is diggin it, man...

An epic meltdown won't really be warranted since ND St. will be the better team in that game, and is clearly better than UNI was last year. Remember these are the defending national champions who also beat a pretty decent KState team last year.

All true, but they're still a FCS school. You almost sound like a clone positioning for the loss, or the possibility of calling it a huge upset win if they do come out on top.

The above picture is classic, but he'll always come in second to Walden in the Goober column.

Latest posts