ISU ranked #25

Hey genius, Lattimore and Simmons never missed a start.

hmmm

Lattimer, I stand corrected.

Sims did not play in the 2010 opener against NIU.

I'm not disagreeing that Rhoads hasn't been the most consistent with punishments. But isn't it a little bit of throwing stones? Not saying it's right but a lot of teams are hardly consistent with suspensions.

Lattimer, I stand corrected.

Sims did not play in the 2010 opener against NIU.

I'm not disagreeing that Rhoads hasn't been the most consistent with punishments. But isn't it a little bit of throwing stones? Not saying it's right but a lot of teams are hardly consistent with suspensions.
Actually you were disagreeing. The only starter who had missed a game was Sims for stealing a CC, and it was only 1 game. Kind of pathetic principles by Rhoads. The whole BB gun incident was handled poorly as well. With that said, KF has suspended guys for the same kind of offenses, or even kicked them off the team, so I hope he does what's right with Hyde this week and suspends him.

Actually you were disagreeing. The only starter who had missed a game was Sims for stealing a CC, and it was only 1 game. Kind of pathetic principles by Rhoads. The whole BB gun incident was handled poorly as well. With that said, KF has suspended guys for the same kind of offenses, or even kicked them off the team, so I hope he does what's right with Hyde this week and suspends him.

I think Kirk is done setting his own standard of punishment. After the student handbook forced Coker out, KF is going to follow that to the tee. You wont be seeing any 1st time offense suspensions anymore.

Nice win. Beating a top 15 team on the road is a nice win no matter how you slice it; however, calling Barnett the back up QB is a little out there. How many games did he start and win last year?
Barnett was this year's backup QB for 4 games, right? If it's not him, who is it? He may be the starter now, but he has been the backup all year.

I guess you could flip it and say that ISU started their backup for the first four games. Pick your poison.

Barnett was this year's backup QB for 4 games, right? If it's not him, who is it? He may be the starter now, but he has been the backup all year.

I guess you could flip it and say that ISU started their backup for the first four games. Pick your poison.

ISU did not have a starting QB announced going into that game.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/rivalry-forum/45761-rhoads-comment.html

you'll have to forgive me, but it was a comment he said on the radio. best I could get you.

He also said:
“If I retire at Iowa State, I will be a very, very happy man,” Rhoads said. “If it happened, I’d be thrilled to death. Is it probably going to happen? I would just doubt it. That’s a long time to complete.”

“Iowa State has got to want me all that time, to begin with. That hasn’t always been the case with coaches at any place. But the bottom-line answer is: If 20 years from now I’m retiring as the head football coach at Iowa State, I’m going to be a very, very lucky man.”

http://www.turfburner.com/the-feed/...its-highly-unlikely-hell-retire-at-iowa-state

So which one was the backup?

You're seriously still pressing this? WTF? Why is it I always come into these clown threads, become disgusted by what teh Hoks are saying, want to defend them, but can't because some moran keeps pressing this little brother crap.

You're seriously still pressing this? WTF? Why is it I always come into these clown threads, become disgusted by what teh Hoks are saying, want to defend them, but can't because some moran keeps pressing this little brother crap.
So it sounds like you're not sure... :)

Face it when it comes to ISU anything over .500 is a success. Hell, last year they were 6-7 and it was still a season they brag about. That's the difference with ISU fans and Iowa fans. Iowa goes 6-7 and they're ******, ISU goes 6-7 and they celebrate.

Apples and Oranges. People need to realize that going 6-6 in the B12 is a much bigger feat than 7-5 or even 8-4 in the Big10. Hell yes .500 is a success with the schedule ISU has. If ISU ever got fortunate enough to have the caliber of teams that exist in the B10 I would expect more. Until then playing top 25 opponents every week and beating enough of them to get to a bowl when you are double digit underdogs "IS A SUCCESS".

I should also mention that in head to head matchups with a certain B10 opponent the last few years has been in ISUs favor . I wish we could have more B10 opponents on the schedule.

Apples and Oranges. People need to realize that going 6-6 in the B12 is a much bigger feat than 7-5 or even 8-4 in the Big10. Hell yes .500 is a success with the schedule ISU has. If ISU ever got fortunate enough to have the caliber of teams that exist in the B10 I would expect more. Until then playing top 25 opponents every week and beating enough of them to get to a bowl when you are double digit underdogs "IS A SUCCESS".

I should also mention that in head to head matchups with a certain B10 opponent the last few years has been in ISUs favor . I wish we could have more B10 opponents on the schedule.

You played Nebraska every year for about 100 years, how did that work out for you?

/thread. Nice post.