ISU ranked #25

And what is seemingly lost in all of this is that ISU was essentially playing their backup QB as well.
Nice win. Beating a top 15 team on the road is a nice win no matter how you slice it; however, calling Barnett the back up QB is a little out there. How many games did he start and win last year?

ISU could probably go 10-2 in BIG. In the Big12 they're in BIG trouble. They will be very lucky to get 6 wins with the remaining games they have.

Iowa would probably be a top 25 team right now if it weren't for a fluke loss against CMU. ISU is going to have a hard time picking up two more wins this year. I think that Iowa has a realistic shot at running the table. Having said that I don't think that there is a lot of debate on which team is the better team. Hopefully both Iowa and ISU will do well this year.

We had a couple of "fluke" losses, and will probably have a few more. Hard to be in the top 25 in the BIG. Conference sucks so badly this year.

If ISU gets in that situation again where somebody is arrested, CPR needs to ask the opposing coach who they should bench to make the game more fair.

Iowa would probably be a top 25 team right now if it weren't for a fluke loss against CMU. ISU is going to have a hard time picking up two more wins this year. I think that Iowa has a realistic shot at running the table. Having said that I don't think that there is a lot of debate on which team is the better team. Hopefully both Iowa and ISU will do well this year.

images

I would have no objection if some how ISU won out. (not going to happen). CPR already said ISU was a stepping stone. He would get some big offers if that were to happen. Can Pollard get a coach like PR twice in a row? I doubt that also.

I would have no objection if some how ISU won out. (not going to happen). CPR already said ISU was a stepping stone. He would get some big offers if that were to happen. Can Pollard get a coach like PR twice in a row? I doubt that also.

This got me to thinking....Rhoads gets to big time bowl game, and leaves. ISU fan's short list to replace him:

-Pete Carroll
-Nick Saben
-Bill Cower

They would be beating down the door for the job, ISU fan will tell us. :D

Like Whodes is going to bench a player for getting arrested.

I must have missed when CPR never suspended anyone.

Where has CPR ever remotely said ISU is a stepping stone? Good grief.

This got me to thinking....Rhoads gets to big time bowl game, and leaves. ISU fan's short list to replace him:

-Pete Carroll
-Nick Saben
-Bill Cower

They would be beating down the door for the job, ISU fan will tell us. :D

Well Peter Carroll has already been an assistant at ISU already, so lets bring him back!

Lattimer didn't miss a game after assaulting a peace officer. Banks missed a practice. Sims was suspended for 1 game for stealing a CC. Come on, at least know your own team dbag. Can't remember if Durrell was suspended any games after his drug arrest last spring either. I'm guessing maybe 1 game. Nevermind, Durrell played against Tulsa.

Last edited:
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/rivalry-forum/45761-rhoads-comment.html

you'll have to forgive me, but it was a comment he said on the radio. best I could get you.

Still waiting on the "stepping stone" comment.

Rhoads understands the business, and how coaches sometimes don't last long at schools, whether to being fire, resigning, going somewhere else, etc. It's the name of the game. Anyone that has actually talked to him knows he'd love to be here until he retires, but sometimes it just doesn't work that way...

Now if you were talking about Chizik, you'd be right.

Lattimer didn't miss a game after assaulting a peace officer. Banks missed a practice. Sims was suspended for 1 game for stealing a CC. Come on, at least know your own team dbag. Can't remember if Durrell was suspended any games after his drug arrest last spring either. I'm guessing maybe 1 game. Nevermind, Durrell played against Tulsa.

Iowa State Cyclones Jacob Lattimer, Ricky Howard suspended indefinitely - ESPN

Possession equals arrest, suspension for another Cyclones DB | CollegeFootballTalk

FOOTBALL: Kennard Banks suspended from team, will not play in Insight Bowl - Iowa State Daily: Football

Starter Kennard Banks, two subs suspended by Iowa State Cyclones - ESPN

hmmm.

You are an idiot. Lattimer was suspended then reinstated before ever missing a game. DE Lattimer reinstated by ISU. Same with Givens who had an INT against Tulsa in the first game this year. Suspending Banks from the bowl game was because it was the 2nd time that year he was busted for marijuana, the first time, he was busted, Rhoads had quite possibly the most laughable suspension in the history of college football, in what was a practice. Read your own links if you're going to take the time to prove you're a moron.